BUYER NOT RECIEVED GOODS

freddy198
Contributor
Contributor

Ok, this is the situation.

Sold an item for £50 on ebay. Posted it using royal mail standard parcels and got a certficate of posting.

The buyer says has not received and opened a case on paypal.

Just logged into my paypal account and they have dropped my balance by £50 to a negative figure.

To argue my case I now need a tracking number, however you dont have a tracking number with royal mail standard parcels only a certifcate of posting.

So, firstly how do I prove this to paypal? Getting any answers from paypal and ebay is impossible.

Secondly which way is this likely to go, as I feel totally ganged raped at the moment, done nothing wrong and also anyone can turn around and say the did not receive the parcel if it does not require a signiture.

One thing for sure is if I lose my paypal account will be closed and they can take me to court and then I will show the certificate of posting.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Login to Me Too
10 REPLIES 10

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Sorry i don't understand.

Surely if a buyer has not received the item they paid for you refund them????

As a seller i often send standard post and take the risk if the item is low cost but if the buyer does not get their item i just refund them.

If an item is pricy then of course i send trackable and if the buyer does not get their item i refund them and then claim from royal mail.

You will lose a dispute if you don't provide proof of DELIVERY of the item to the buyer.

After all if you bought an item from Amazon and it did not arrive would you be happy if they said "sorry we have proof of postage so no refund"?

May be i misunderstood you but when you sell on ebay of course you refund a buyer if they don't get their item.

Sending trackable is for your protection not the buyers and if YOU choose not to thats fine but thats your risk not the buyers.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

freddy198
Contributor
Contributor

So basically anyone who sends something that does not require a signiture opens themselves up for fraudelent claims and are sitting ducks!!

Will royal mail refund me if I dont have the original receipt for the item purchased and sent by post, as cant find this.

Thanks for info, once bitten twice shy!!

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Well sorry but i don't see it as a fraudulent claim. When you sell on ebay there are always going to be some items that go missing in the post.

Anything over about £20 i send trackable and anything under that I take the risk !! I have had to refund quite a few times but to be honest thats been over 10 years so it is not a lot.

With a cert of postage you won't get much from royal mail i'm afraid, a book of stamps if you are lucky !!!

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. 

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

freddy198
Contributor
Contributor

Seems a bit **bleep**ed up to me.

I was always under the impression that the buyer paying through paypal was covered by there sort of money back insurance guarantee. Did not think this was at the expense of the seller!!! Would have thought they could easily do it with their extortionate fees???

Well, as it states in the bible, an eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth!!

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Buyer protection means that paypal refund the buyer if the seller refuses or paypal cannot access funds from the sellers paypal balance.

However if that happens the sellers account is limited and put into negative until they pay paypal back again.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

freddy198
Contributor
Contributor

Sounds like paypal are f**king crooks!!!

Get back to the old fashioned cheques........... and its free!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Really? Without paypal its doubtful i would have ever bought anything on ebay and the 2000 sellers i have bought from would not have sold their items.

I certainly would not send a cheque to a stranger.

I wonder how you would feel if you bought something from ebay and it didn't arrive, presumably you just would not mind and not want a refund or would you think the seller had ripped you off??

With sellers that refuse to either send trackable or refund when an item is lost in the post i thank goodness paypal is available so those buyers won't be ripped off and will continue to use ebay.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

hoagy111
New Community Member

When you sell goods on ebay, you have the option to include a postage cost to the purchaser. Why take the chance for a couple of quid that the buyer is paying for anyway?

Login to Me Too

ytra
Contributor
Contributor

HHolloloneebeba

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.