unfair chargeback to seller

cheapgoods
Contributor
Contributor

I'm becoming more and more upset with how Pay Pal handles things.

The most recent was a chargeback I had on a item I sold. The item was shipped to the address that was on their Pay Pal account and I had proof of delivery. Pay Pal sided with the customer claiming: "We did not receive verifiable proof of shipment"

So unprofessional of Pay Pal. Now I am out $450 and the product. I have no idea where the item is now. I supplied Pay Pal with the USPS Priority tracking number and it was delivered. As Pay Pal users, we put trust in them to make everything secure and fair. This is very unfair to us as loyal users.

Anyone else have a problem like this?

Login to Me Too
42 REPLIES 42

profdata
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

You lost because you need signature confirmation.  Signature Confirmation is needed for sales $250.00 and more. 

Login to Me Too

profdata
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

User agreement

11.4 Proof of Shipment, Proof of Delivery, and Signature Confirmation Requirements.

"Proof of Shipment" is online or physical documentation from a shipping company that includes all of the following:

• The date the item is shipped.
  • The recipient’s address, showing at least the city/state or zip code (or international equivalent).

"Proof of Delivery" is online documentation from a shipping company that includes all of the following:

• The date the item is delivered.
  • The recipient’s address, showing at least the city/state or zip code (or international equivalent).
  • Signature Confirmation as described below for payments of $250 USD or more or the following foreign currency equivalents:

https://cms.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/?&cmd=_render-content&content_ID=ua/UserAgreement_full#11.%20Prote....

Login to Me Too

gvg
New Community Member

yes im getting **bleep**ed out of my item and they gave there money back dont know how to get my item back. help please.

Login to Me Too

furiousd82
Contributor
Contributor

I agree that doesnt make sense

even if there was no signature proof of delivery, it was still delivered.  the USPS just didnt make the item dissappear

Login to Me Too

surplusdealdude
Advisor
Advisor

Wrong.

Regular DC just means the postie marks the item as "delivered" when they drop them in the mailbox.

Signature DC means they get a signature.

Stuff sometimes gets stolen from mailboxes.  It gets delivered to the wrong addresses.  Someone in the family gets it and forgets to let the consignee know.  The postie might steal it.

Signature delivery, which is used on the more expensive deliveries and is REQUIRED to get seller protection, requires a signature so Paypal knows that the delivery was signed for and by whom.  This is clearly set out in the User Agreement, which OP has apparently not read and followed.

The relationship with Paypal is a contract.  You have to do certain things for paypal to extend protection.  Paypal follows the contract PRECISELY and you have to as well.

Login to Me Too

kurtzzzz1
Contributor
Contributor

paypal does what they want,  not neccessarly in the order it should be,  just in case your an employee to paypal

Login to Me Too

nilka26
New Community Member

i feel like the same situation is going to happen to me,... Im so frustrated with the post office. Even thought the buyer filed an dispute against me and paypal hasn't resolve the situation yet. But i shipped out the item and have proof... but the tracking number isnt valid, when i check online Its was another package that was shipped and delivered last month. So the buyer is saying they didnt receive the package... paypal is holding the money, I dont have the money I dont have the item.... I don't want the buyer to be like Claiming they didn't recieved the package, but they did and that they also get the refund. 

Login to Me Too

surplusdealdude
Advisor
Advisor

That IS a problem and I've heard of it happening before.

The vast majority of buyers are honest - you see the wackos and their results here, but it's a skewed sample.

Assuming your buyer is honest, all they want is what they ordered, so draw the dispute out as long as possioble to give the post office time to deliver it.

That's about all you can do at this point.

Login to Me Too

Vendelavee
Contributor
Contributor

PAYPAY **bleep**! The approved a chargeback to my acount WITHOUT REQUIRING THE CUSTOMER TO RETURN THE MERCHANDISE.

Since when did they become Santa Claus!  Buyer had the item for 2 weeks and then claimed it was defective and wanteda refund. I I told Retail Outlets don't give refunds after 2 weeks and neither do I.

PayPal approved the chargeback based on the Buyer's False Claim, without requiring the item be returned before approving the refund. They accepted the buyer's word over my PayPal record on never having a chargeback request in the 12 YEARS I have been using PayPal.

So Pay**bleep** policy is if you sell a Rolex Watch to someone and they falsely claim it was damaged when they received it. Pay**bleep** will give them their money back, no questions asked, and let them keep the watch! 

Great way to get free merchandise.

PAYPAL DOES NOT SUPPORT SELLERS! They support liars, crybabies and crooks!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.