scam email per paypal

angelwolf8
Contributor
Contributor

I recieved the following email from what I thought was paypal. Per paypal this is a scam emial! I truely thought I was protected by using Pay Pal but I was wrong.  I cant even file a dispute due to the transaction # I recieved via email is not a valid trans #.

Merchant:   angelwolf8

1.      We received a message from one of our client regarding the payment that was made by "Doris Damian"  (dollbaby890) minute ago which has not appeared in your PayPal  account . In answer to this, we want you to know that the payment is already pending in your account but will not be visible to you until we receive  your response to the payment  that  was made by the buyer of the item. This is due to the new policy of  Paypal , to protect both the buyer and seller from any fraudulent activities.So we strongly advise  you to ship the item and send the Scanned Receipt and the Tracking Number to prove postage of the item in less than 24 hours so that we can fund the money into   your account.

We want you to know that as soon as we receive the shipment/reference tracking number that was requested from you, the money will be credited to you account within the next 6 hours of
    your response to the payment.
    Ensure you get back to us because we do not want any delay in crediting your account.
    For response email us at (transactioncare  @  accountant  
    Thank you for using PayPal!
    The PayPal Team
    PayPal Email ID PP307

Do to the fact I had never sold anything thru Pay Pal I thought this was their process.. per paypal this is not their email and I was not getting any help from them to try to recoup my $2300.00 + $39.81 shipping. I was told after 2 hours on the phone and 4 people later..by a Supervisor that I needed to file a complaint with IC3 and my local police Dept. Most of the calls seem to end up in India znd not to a call center here in the USA. I sent the info to the address  and then recieved another email:

Dear :
AngelWolfsArtwork

Congratulations!!!!! We have to remind you that your PayPal account will be credited and this will be received in a couple of hours.  

But there is a problem about the payment sent to you, Our Accounting Department has made an error with your payment which means a total of $2,700.00 USD was sent to you . 

The deduction of the extra $200.00 USD has shown of the buyer's account,You are advised to contact the buyer and settle this issue by refunding the $200.00 USD before the money will be credited in your account.

We regret to inform you that the payment may not get to your PayPal account until you settle this possible issue with your buyer.

We are very sorry for any inconvenience this may cause though we've promised you that we are going to credit your account with immediate effect but this was occurred when we are trying credit your account today.

Thanks for your understanding.                                           

Sincerely,                                                                 

PayPal Customer care Team.

These are only 2 of many emails I've had to deal with  in the past couple of days. I have had a paypal account for years and due to this issue and what I have been reading online.. paypal is not to be trusted. I really thought I was protected.. the pending transaction for 2500.00 is still sitting in my paypal account. Paypal says that no money ever came from this buyer yet I saw this before I sent the ring to Maryland. I'm being told that Paypal has no record of my call last week and that I'm basicly on my own with this. Needless to say I will be deleting my account.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

surplusdealdude
Advisor
Advisor

Of course it's a scam - Paypal never sent those emails, so I don't know why you would hold them responsible for the emails.

I would think that the fact that the email didn't go back to paypal, but instead went back to accountant.com would have tipped you off.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.