paypal sending refund to canceled creditcard

kitschdan
Contributor
Contributor

I won two disputes recently, and when I got the e-mails from ebay that said they were crediting me, it said that I would get the money back credited to my paypal account.

So when my checkcard stopped working at the grocery store, I didn't think anything of going to the bank to get a new one.

Now when I logged into paypal this morning I see they have credited the amounts back to my now-canceled old check card that stopped working.  I don't see my refund $ on my bank statement online.

I have a different creditcard # now, and I'm not sure what to do.  Will the change of card number block me from receiving my refund money?   Should I wait to put the new card number onto my paypal account?   or will paypal refund my money onto the new checkcard number if I put that in?  I'm afraid to update my paypal account with the new # until I get my money back from these refunds, but I don't know if the money will go back to a canceled card #.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

_Zazu
Contributor
Contributor

Welcome to the Community kitschdan!

From my experience as long as the checking or credit account that the card drafted from is still open, the refunded transaction will post back to that same account.

I hope this helps Smiley Happy

Login to Me Too

beanybeans
New Community Member

PayPal just recently ruled in my favor over a dispute I recently made.  They said that they would put the funds on hold while they were investigating but then I eventually still got docked for the money from my bank account.  So how long before I see the amount refunded back into my bank account?  Several business days?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.