Wrong Account closed.. Have I lost my money?

Jeyam
New Community Member

I have a primary accoutn that I use for my craft sales. Few days ago I received a pyment to a different email account and I noticed that for some reasons a while ago I have created a second account that I never used, so I wanted to close it!

Today I sent the money received to my primary account and I began to close this second one. When I was at the end of the closing process it said something like "your transactions will be canceled" and I got scared about the money I sent before so I opened in a new window the other account to check that the money were arrived and then closed the window without logging out and press "ok" to the process I began before.

When I remembered about the login it was too late. Even if I began the process with the second account, the latest "ok" has been associeted for some reasons to my primary account.

And now I've lost 228$.. I know it seems a few, but I'm jobless and I've worked hard to get those money and I was saving them to buy my plane ticket.. and now I'm moneyless for a stupid mistake!!!

Is there any chance to have my money back?

If paypal website is smart enough, it can see that I began the process in the second account (this one actually).

I just can't accept to have lost all my money in such a stupid way! It should at least asked me by email to confirm the closing.. So I would have noticed that the email was of the primary account!

Thank you.

Blessed be,

Jessica

I put my trust and faith in you.

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

surplusdealdude
Advisor
Advisor

Phone Paypal - I'm sure they'll send a check to you for the amount or arrange some other solution.

You can get their number by clicking on the Contact us" link in your Paypal account - the number comes up in the page that follows.

Login to Me Too

Jeana
Contributor
Contributor

I wonder how these things happened. I have lost $252.00 Paypal sent 3 deposits of mine to my bank. However, it went to somebody else's account. (they say) The bank says it didn't. I don't know what to think and I've talked to them paypal on the phone 13 times and my money is still missing. Don't they have responsibility for sending money to the right account? I too need the money, as a freelancer, I don't earn a lot.

Login to Me Too

surplusdealdude
Advisor
Advisor

@Jeyam wrote:

I have a primary accoutn that I use for my craft sales. Few days ago I received a pyment to a different email account and I noticed that for some reasons a while ago I have created a second account that I never used, so I wanted to close it!

Today I sent the money received to my primary account and I began to close this second one. When I was at the end of the closing process it said something like "your transactions will be canceled" and I got scared about the money I sent before so I opened in a new window the other account to check that the money were arrived and then closed the window without logging out and press "ok" to the process I began before.

When I remembered about the login it was too late. Even if I began the process with the second account, the latest "ok" has been associeted for some reasons to my primary account.

And now I've lost 228$.. I know it seems a few, but I'm jobless and I've worked hard to get those money and I was saving them to buy my plane ticket.. and now I'm moneyless for a stupid mistake!!!

Is there any chance to have my money back?

If paypal website is smart enough, it can see that I began the process in the second account (this one actually).

I just can't accept to have lost all my money in such a stupid way! It should at least asked me by email to confirm the closing.. So I would have noticed that the email was of the primary account!

Thank you.

Blessed be,

Jessica

I put my trust and faith in you.

Have you tried logging in to the second account and seeing if it's still there?

You aren't supposed to be able to close an account until 90 days after the last transaction, so it's likely that the closure never went through.

Login to Me Too

Jeyam2
New Community Member

Thank you so much for your suggestions, I solved! 🙂

In facts I called Paypal the day after and they simply told me they redirected all my money to my credic card.. and so it was!

All money saved and I opened again the primary account and closed the right one!

Good end 🙂

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.