Unauthorized charges towards Ebay - Seller Fees

Salvatore
Contributor
Contributor

Is anyone getting unauthorized charges towards seller fees for Ebay? It is telling me that I signed up for automatic payment for such... When I never have. Also, even if I had... I have not sold anything or even used Ebay in over 3 months. How is it possible that I have any sort of fees from Ebay? And why is Paypal allowing this to go on after I have disputed two charges already and canceled TWO agreements that magically got there?

As you all must know, Ebay owns Paypal... so I'm starting to think they are trying to steal my money. So far Ebay has basically stolen $33 from me for something that I 1.) haven't authorized, and 2.) don't even use.

Is anyone else getting this?

Login to Me Too
14 REPLIES 14

yukaho
Contributor
Contributor

Salvatore, good to know that your disputes got resolved finally. How long did it take?

Kaho

Login to Me Too

yukaho
Contributor
Contributor

I received emails from Paypal and eBay separately.

eBay says there were three accounts fraudulently registered with my paypal account. My money will be refunded fully. yay!

Just thought everyone should know. If you notice any amount (no matter how small) deducted from your paypal account for the suspicious "eBay seller fees", this could be a sign that someone has gained access to your paypal account.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Folks,

That's awesome that you caught that, yukaho, and it appears that Salvatore has also marked his as resolved. Our protection was there for you.

I hope that anyone else, whether you have posted or might be lurking, follow yukaho's lead and contact us if you notice unauthorized activity. While we're usually pretty good at identifying suspicious activity and can then stop it , sometimes charges look legitimate to us and we don't know that your account is being used without authorization until you let us know. As soon as you reach out to us, we can investigate the unauthorized use and prevent continued unauthorized charges. The more quickly you let us know, the more effective we are at helping you!

Thanks for letting us know it worked out for you, yukaho and Salvatore!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

billetblock

Exactly the same thing has occurred to my Paypal account as some billing agreement which has pilfered all my Paypal account balance without my knowledge. These Paypal transactions look the same as normal ebay payments and Paypal have said they are just paying what Ebay requests because of some automatic pay list under the Profile section. Be very aware because my account has had many reoccurring payments set up in my list from years gone past without any knowledge, Luckily most of these suppliers haven't tried to exploit this anomaly.

Looks like a lot of payments to suppliers get set up in reoccurring payment list under Profile without you having to agree to anything..

In my Ebay account  invoices for the latest charges don't show up...ebay services don't admit to seeing anything either and just keep directing me to contact them via email or chat. Already done this and more ..Paypal admit the money did go to Ebay but eBay is tight lipped and are giving me the run around for some reason.

One to eBay International AG

One to eBay Inc which is US-eBay-EOM-Fees@ebay.com

Still waiting for a please explain where Paypal sent my money..

Login to Me Too

terry38_2007
New Community Member

yes i was just charged 22.10 for sellers fee an i have not sold anything......i have been buying alot lately. so will take

the advice from here an try to resolve ...if not i will cancle .

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.