Unauthorized charges towards Ebay - Seller Fees

Salvatore
Contributor
Contributor

Is anyone getting unauthorized charges towards seller fees for Ebay? It is telling me that I signed up for automatic payment for such... When I never have. Also, even if I had... I have not sold anything or even used Ebay in over 3 months. How is it possible that I have any sort of fees from Ebay? And why is Paypal allowing this to go on after I have disputed two charges already and canceled TWO agreements that magically got there?

As you all must know, Ebay owns Paypal... so I'm starting to think they are trying to steal my money. So far Ebay has basically stolen $33 from me for something that I 1.) haven't authorized, and 2.) don't even use.

Is anyone else getting this?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Salvatore
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, that was the exact email for mine too. Luckily Paypal has refunded my money for the exact amount in the disputes... Hopefully this won't be happening again in the future... Because closing my account with Paypal would be something I really wouldn't want to do, as I've grown accustomed to this service for years now.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
14 REPLIES 14

surplusdealdude
Advisor
Advisor

eby/paypal made millions last year - they aren't going to bother with $33 from you - get a grip.

Most likely, you signed up for a trial of an ebay service and then didn't cancel the service after the trial period was done.

Check what you've signed up for here;

http://my.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?MyeBay&CurrentPage=MyeBayManageSubscriptions

Also check if you've signed up for other service in paypal this way;

Login to your PayPal account, click on the "Profile" tab and then select the "Recurring Payments" and the "Preapproved Payments" links.

Login to Me Too

Salvatore
Contributor
Contributor

None and none... And just because they made millions last year doesn't mean they made all of that money by doing legit business, greed can never be underestimated...

Login to Me Too

surplusdealdude
Advisor
Advisor

Well, then the other possibility is that someone hijecked your account and used it to perpetrate a fraud on someone else.

Look here;

http://my.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?MyEbayBeta&MyeBay=&CurrentPage=MyeBayNextSellerAccounts&ssPageNa...:ME:LNLK&gbh=1

and open up the drop-down list where it says "Invoices" in the upper-right part of the page.

See if there are any seller invoices in the last few months that show entries consistent with the amount in question.

Login to Me Too

Salvatore
Contributor
Contributor

Again, nothing... The last invoice was in January. (the last time I used ebay). See what I mean? How is it possible that I have any form of seller fees when I haven't used ebay in that long? Something is wrong. All my accounts are secure (Ebay/Paypal)... I have a squeeky clean computer (I'm a computer tech with over five years experience).

So the only other option is that Ebay and paypal have messed something up... Or are doing this on purpose.

Login to Me Too

surplusdealdude
Advisor
Advisor

So the only other option is that Ebay and paypal have messed something up

Well, that's certainly not unheard of.

Go here;

https://cschatlb-na.corp.ebay.com/chat.asp?profile=43

during business hours and chat with ebay about it.  You'l have to select "Other" a couple of times to get through.

Login to Me Too

dragonfly41
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, they all made millions last year, but you know how they did it?  $33.00 at a time.    Those small numbers make very large numbers when added up.  I have over 750 transactions on Ebay and 99% through PayPal and they are getting curiouser and curiouser about credit card use.

Login to Me Too

dumbrocks

Just readin what ya'll are talkin about here..not exactly my problem but someone answered it for me..explains why I made my first purchase in Ebay & never got it...got ripped off big time..can't get hold of the seller...says hes not there now...Pal Pal used my card & paid for it...said my claim was settled & I'm out the money with no product...go figure..thoguth Pay Pal was a safe place...but I'll take my chances with my own credit card from now on...I really hate it cause they can't be trusted either...have used them a lot...but Ebay scammed me good....we live & learn...word of mouth goes a long ways & I got plenty of friends to tell this story to..thanks to all of you for lettin me know I wasn't the only one gettin took...

Login to Me Too

yukaho
Contributor
Contributor

The almost exact same thing happened to me on 8/16. I was charged 3 times for a total of over $900.00 "eBay seller fees". I did sell a pair of shoes and the seller fee was only $9.00.

I talked to eBay, but they cannot see the over $900 transactions in my account. Neither can I see them in my invoices. So, I filed a dispute through Paypal and am waiting for their response.

I am quite convinced that either there was a computer error or someone exploited the security loophole.

By the way, this is the email address that appear on the transactions: US-eBay-EOM-Fees@ebay.com

Kaho

Login to Me Too
Solved

Salvatore
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, that was the exact email for mine too. Luckily Paypal has refunded my money for the exact amount in the disputes... Hopefully this won't be happening again in the future... Because closing my account with Paypal would be something I really wouldn't want to do, as I've grown accustomed to this service for years now.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.