Seller loses dispute on item that was shipped had tracking # and proof in postal system

wgmoses
Contributor
Contributor

I recently shipped an item to a buyer.  My website states not responsible for items once they have shipped.  Seller has not yet received the item and when I contacted the post office they stated parcel post can take up to 30 days during peak mailing season.  I had tracking on the item and it shows that the post office has it in their system. Buyer asked for a refund and paypal agreed. I am now out the shipping and my product.  Do I have to get insurance on all items. It seems that paypal resolved this a little to quickly.  Anyone else have similar problems or suggestions.

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

goldsmithworks
Contributor
Contributor
get insurance and signature
Login to Me Too

therssllgrp
Contributor
Contributor

also learn your lesson.  Just because its cheap to ship parcel post...DONT DO IT!!!  If you really investigate, you can get easy ways to ship without breaking your bank or the buyers.  Are you aware that if you box your own product using your own box, you can still use USPS and it saves you a few dollars under the "if it fits it ships" pricing?  Sometimes FEDEX is actually cheaper but make sure you send it GROUND not express.  I always get insurance but most of these items are covered under insurance for up to the first $100.  I am sure there are more tricks I just haven't learned them all.  good luck

Login to Me Too

fenderacoustic
New Community Member

wgmoses, did you get your money? I did the same thing and Paypal took my money that the buyer paid. It was a hefty sum and now I'm out huge!! I insured the package but the buyer filed a dispute, and won. The package is already gone so now they have my money and my iphone! Please tell me you at least got your money for the item?

Login to Me Too

phrogaircrew
Contributor
Contributor

yeah stating anything that refers to you not being responsible kinda like if they dont pay for insurance.

DOESN"T MATTER  paypal will refund them all day long!

Im out almost $600 bucks because the post office lost a package.

So you bet your **bleep** everything I send will be insured for the proper amount.

But since I'm not useing paypal anymore **bleep**-em then!

Login to Me Too

phrogaircrew
Contributor
Contributor

You must insure it because the USPS Fedex and UPS all lose boxes.

mine was sent overseas but it never even left my state or it left my state and never got to the next stop the tracking showed it wasn't delivered and paypal refunded the buyer the next day, I don't think it took them 24hrs to give him the money back.

And you know what he didn't want to pay for insurance or have it listed as over $200 if you ship overseas you have to put a value on the item so watch your **bleep**!

Login to Me Too

teenyfoot7
New Community Member

Lots of luck to any seller with a dispute! In my situation the buyer admitted getting item, even paid for it again! (Buyer not disputing, PayPal is?) But, PayPal used wrong account and wants confirmation from me for shipping! The thing is it was 3 weeks ago the first time and since second payment they put a hold on it again? Buyer doesn't know why, I don't know why? I'm just glad it wasn't a large amount like some sellers are losing.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.