Received fake item advertised as original

shtfprepared
Contributor
Contributor

Ok, I ordered a pair of Air jordans 9 olive @ 71.89 USD. After anxiously awaiting my new kicks I finally received them today. I open the box all excited and see a NIKE box. REAL happy...I open the box and to my dissapointement (right away) I realise these ARE FAKES! CHEAP fakes. Plastic (instead of leather) NO suede and No air jordan logo but the NIKE stamp. The colors don't match the original shoe and the soles are wrong too. I did not pursue the inspection any further but put them back in the box and closed it REALLY **bleep** but mostly real dissapointed. I was really hoping to relive and wear these super shoes I had as a teenager. So I just put a claim and asked for a refund. This is my first time buying an Item on paypal and don't know how these things work. Will I get my money back? How can these people advertise as originals then send you cheap knock-offs and still be able to use the pay pal service? How do we "burn" these dishonest sellers? IM SO mad right now.

If I pursue another buy of the same shoes how can I make sure this does NOT happen again? they advertise as REAL. The pictures are REAL...the items sent are fakes!Man MadMan Sad

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Lilly
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

You may want to just hang onto the item until PayPal requests that you return it. 

The reason I say that, is once we review the case & make the decision for the item to be returned, the seller provides us a particular address to send the item to. 

We just want to make sure that you are protected, and the process goes smoothly for you!

Lilly

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9

shtfprepared
Contributor
Contributor

ok so I received a response from the seller. THE TITLE SAYS," REFUND DENIED" But in the message they say they will refund once I send the shoes back and I have to pay the shipping costs.

SO here's my question," How can I be assurrred they will respect their word and refund my money once I ship back the item?" They are NOT what we can call " HONEST" right?

What if they say they NEVER received it or whatever? I totally distrust them now. They might as well keep their fake shoes and try the scam again with another client. THIS IS THEIR WAY OF BUSINESS. They get the stuff back and the money and do it over again.

Why does PAYPAL keep these people in their client base? They should be denied the service once they are caught being fraudulent or doing false advertising....like any consumer protection agency.

This is my first buy with paypal and I am DEFINATELY DISSATISFIED with their security screening process. They should BAN these people from doing business with them. They encourage FRAUD by keeping them as customers.

SO HERE'S THE SHYSTERS "NAME" OF BUSINESS.  BEWARE!!!!

• 林 伟
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Lilly
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hello shtfprepared,

Thanks for stopping in.  I completely understand your concerns & frustration with this. 

Have you filed a dispute through your resolution center yet?  If not, I would recommend doing so.  We can definitely help out with this situation!

Hope this helps,

Lilly

Login to Me Too

shtfprepared
Contributor
Contributor

I did. Got a reply and replied back. But before I send back product, How can I be assured I will get a refund and that they will keep their word? They are not what we call "honest" business men.

I also posted an update on the situation a few minutes ago.

THANKS!

Oh,  You mean ESCALATE? NO DIDIN'T...I went to that but when I clicked on it they said to give it more time for the seller to reply or something of the likes...Is this what you mean? I'm a newbie to this. First buy and first refund claim. Shoot and miss on first try.

Man Sad

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Lilly
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

shtfprepared,

Did PayPal advise you to return the item in the claim you filed?  If so, be sure to get tracking information and signature confirmation (if the item is over $250).  Once we confirm delivery of the item, we will initiate the refund. 

Lilly

Login to Me Too

shtfprepared
Contributor
Contributor

Ok, Item is 90$ USD. I didn't get any contact with paypal yet. I just got message from seller. He says to send it back. I answered to them where? waiting for reply. But I am afraid to send it back and NOt get refunded. I will take shipping as a loss if I have too, what can you do, you pay to learn I guess. But I at least want the assurance of  refund.

So if I understand correctly, I can ship item to paypal?? Then they will make sure I get refunded or what?

Thank you for your time and patience.

Login to Me Too
Solved

PayPal_Lilly
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

You may want to just hang onto the item until PayPal requests that you return it. 

The reason I say that, is once we review the case & make the decision for the item to be returned, the seller provides us a particular address to send the item to. 

We just want to make sure that you are protected, and the process goes smoothly for you!

Lilly

Login to Me Too

shtfprepared
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal REALLY CREWED ME GOOD! I should've taken the ½ reimboursement the seller offered me. Paypal told me to destroy the shoes as sending them back to them was illegal since they were counterfit. They said after having reveiwed my info that i would get TOTAL refund. All I had to do was fill in form provided and sign it then fax it saying I destroyed the shoes. Since I was between two moves and had no internet connection I called them and they gave me until the end of June to proceed. SO...thinking i had over 20 days to turn around I did my move and a few days later i get a response from PAYPAL saying...GET THIS, My case had been CLOSED!!!!

I write back saying, WHAT'S happenning? You gave me until the 30th of june..I still had over 2 weeks to comply? NO ANSWER!

SO NOW I HAVE NO SHOES (HAVING DESTROYED THEM AS THEY ASKED) AND NO MONEY!

It was my first experience with PAYPAL and MY LAST! Furthermore...They are STILL supporting the fraudulent seller as one of their clients. CONCLUSION! PAYPAL IS A SUPPORTER OF FRAUDULENT BUSINESSES AND I STRONGLY DISCOURAGE ANYONE FROM DOING BUSINESS WITH THEM!

Login to Me Too

zeptinune
Contributor
Contributor

Yeah well you're kinda **bleep**ed mate if you have no internet. Not much anyone can do about that. Should fix your internet before you buy online yeah? and buy a pair of jordans...

Login to Me Too

bdhitek
Contributor
Contributor

What about the extra money I have to pay for the return shipping? Assuming I will get my original back from PayPaL, i WILL STILL BE LEFT WITH NOTHING AND HAVING TO SPEND MONEY TO GET THAT NOTHING. Can/will Paypal reimburse the return shipping for this fraudulent sale of fake goods and charge it to the fraudulent seller, or not?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.