PayPal asked for verification for security reasons

gocsa
New Community Member

All right so I received an e-mail from PayPal on Sunday titled "Your account has been limited until we hear from you". It just said that this is nothing serious they will ask for some information so I can prove that the account belongs to me and no unauthorized logins were made. So I went to login to my account. I was asked my full bank account number for verification of my account. I typed in but it wasn't accepted. I tried numerous times, using different formats too but to no success. In the end, I guess I used up all my tries because now I can't even login to my account. My spoken English is not the best and I can't understand it really well either so I didn't call PayPal on the phone, and there's no e-mail address at which we can contact PayPal, so I had to make another account (this one) just to contact PayPal somehow using this site.

How can I restore my account? I have no idea why the site would not accept my bank account number. It is a Hungarian bank account, made up of 24 digits, it can be seperated to 3x8 digits too, and my bank's account numbers actually all end in 8 zeros. But I tried to enter it all kinds of ways but no success. I tried with all 24 digits, with just 16 digits, with hyphens, and I think even the IBAN number. I have used this bank account for withdrawals and also for transfering money to my PayPal account. My account was verified, the bank account was verified, I had a debit card added too before, and I had this PayPal account for years now. This was just some standard security measure, yet I somehow failed it because I didn't know how to provide the bank account number (what format or whatever).

The Case ID Number in the e-mail is PP-001-593-494-084.

Any help would be appreciated. I want my original PayPal account back.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.