Non Tangible Goods Software Sales - SELLER PROTECTION

Madmikew
Contributor
Contributor

Is there a way in buy now or any other order form that I can set a setting to non tangible item?

LIKE MAYBE

non_tangible = 1;

software_sale = 1;

SOMETHING???

I sell e-commerce and auction software and have been for years.

Until recently I hardly ever had a dispute or claim.

Recently people are buying the software, then having me install on their website, then immediatly they come up with some bogus claim.

Sometimes they copy and delete the program and claim it was never received, other times they claim not as described.

Either way they open a claim as soon as they have the files in their possesion.

Now my Paypal account funds get tied up until eventually Paypal rules in my favor because it was a non tangible item.

I mean why do my funds get tied up for a long time before Paypal can see that it was for software and deny the claim.

I think the Visa/Mc people must be refunding them after they are denied by Paypal.

So it looks like people just get the software free in the end and the seller has to wait 30 days to get paid.

Surely we can avoid this with a simple non_tangible_item form field or something...

Login to Me Too
11 REPLIES 11

PayPal_Lilly
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi everyone! 

I am going to lock this thread.  It has gotten off topic with interpersonal disputes.  Please refer to the Forum Decorum thread for posting expectations.

Thanks,

Lilly

Login to Me Too

Madmikew
Contributor
Contributor

Smoke another one bud.

I CAN prove the program was delivered.

I have server docs, file transfer proof, emails from buyer, and the program is still running at the address I installed on for anybody to see.

The problem is still that they can file bogus claims on non covered purchases because sellers have no way of telling Paypal up front at point of sale the transaction type is for services or non tangible goods.

I always win and get paid eventually, but it would be nice if I could avoid the whole problem in the first place.

A simple form field would do the trick.

Not asking to send man to the moon here.. simple transaction type would solve most of the problem..

Services button, non tangible goods button..

Not too hard I dont think..

Why does everything have to be from a Buy Now button as if every transaction was a tangible goods sale?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.