seller and buyer protection for "not tangible" items, who wins?

Boooooo
Contributor
Contributor

Hi guys,

first sorry for my english,

I am a paypal newbie seller of "non tangible" items, I had no problems since months but lately arrived the first disputes and chargebacks...

I know perfectly that "non tangible" items are NOT eligible both for buyer protection either seller protection.

From experience I saw that usually seller wins disputes of the type "item not shipped" this is obvious a scam attempt  because there is no shipping address in the payment, the thing most scare me are chargebacks because of "not authorized transaction" that I read not only seller will lost 99% of times but he will pay investigation tax!

How the **bleep** is possible this? Are paypal kidding?

Opening a "not authorized transaction" dispute is terribly easy for the buyer! I received some of them even after 2 month from the purchase (I read of people receiving even after 1 year!!)

1)The first thing I ask you: when I can safely say the money I have in paypal balance is FINALLY mine? (not disputable) Really how much is easy for buyer opening and winning this type of chargeback?

I read you have a chance to win this type of chargeback only if you send a shipping proof, this is ridiculous for two reasons:

-I can have a quite good delivering proof even for not tangible items (for example the email sequence between seller and buyer reporting buyer satisfaction for the digital item)

-For tangible goods seller, shipping proof is not "scam safe" infact he could easily send paypal it but perhaps had sent the buyer an empty package

2)Do you think it's worth sending such digital proof delivering or I will never win the same? what can you say from your experience? 3)Tips for detecting and limiting such type of chargebacks (for example tick "payment owed", leaving the seller a satisfaction declaration for the digital good etc.)

Thanks

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

minnichsmetals
Contributor
Contributor

I believe after 90 days, the buyer cannot open a dispute on paypal, and the money is "yours"

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.