Need help with a claim

Oliver2700
Contributor
Contributor

I recently opened a dispute with paypal because a seller sent me a very different item that i buy, as not worth the return and final paypal tells me they do not guarantee that ... my question is why "You received an item that is significantly different from the seller's description" is between the reason to open a dispute?

Thanks

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

TheCake
Contributor
Contributor

Oliver2700, did you purchase the item from an eBay auction or directly from a merchant/merchant website?

From my understanding reviewing the available protection for buyers it would show that PayPal can only provide protection for items significantly different from the seller's description for eBay auctions.

Login to Me Too

Oliver2700
Contributor
Contributor

i bought the item from a website that are very similar than ebay, ioffer.com, i purchased a jeans and the seller after that i opened the dispute on paypal he sent me a jewelry.

Paypal told me that after a month:

"Our investigation into your claim is complete. As stated in our User
Agreement, the claims process only applies to the shipment of goods. It
does not apply to complaints about the attributes or quality of goods
received. Therefore, we are unable to reverse this transaction or issue a
refund"

Login to Me Too

kennyparker1337
Contributor
Contributor

A seller can send you an orange after you order an apple. They can send you jewlery when you order jeans. Paypal does not care about you. They don't care how the item looks, regardless if it was even the right item you orders.

Arn't you happy now? Smiley Indifferent

In the future, study up on reviews on the website, and ONLY buy from legit, well-mannered websites. PERIOD. You will have barely any protection, if any, if the seller **bleep**s you over.

Login to Me Too

surplusdealdude
Advisor
Advisor

There have been a lot of problems with ioffer - lots of scams there.

While it's true that you only get protection for "Not as described" for ebay items, you can protect yourself by always using a credit card for non-ebay sites.  If the item is different than you ordered, you do a credit card chargeback.

Login to Me Too

ladawn1
Contributor
Contributor

same experience... PayPal states that they protect the buyers... but they don't!

I'll never use PayPal again.... I suggest you complain to  the Federal Trade Commission & FBI Internet Fraud Division.

Login to Me Too

lyon

Today, I recieved a shipment from USPS that has garbage in it. I was supposed to get an item puchased directly from an eBay seller not for an auction. The USPS shipment has tracking number and I had to sign for delivery confirmation. Will I ever get my money back? I already opned a calim with paypal.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.