International disputes...who wins?? Most likely the buyer :(

wonderwoman

I recently shipped an item to Canada first class international, a month later paypal holds the money because the buyer did not receive the item.  I find this hard to believe, and why is it always the seller who gets no respect. I have the USPS receipt as well as the customs receipt, I spoke with paypal via phone and was basically told if I did not send international mail Express with a tracking number I would not win. Paypal also told me that their shipping guidelines do not coincide with the guidelines id the USPS...Excuse me..The customs receipt will provide proof in a court of law but not with Paypal....WOW I am in shock. I was planning on faxing my receipt to paypal but was told by paypal that I am basically wasting my time. So I sent an 80.00 item to Canada and all the have to do is say they didn't get it and that is OK....Please help me rationalize this.......

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Olivia

Hi wonderwoman, and welcome to the forums!

I'm sorry to hear your transaction didn't go well. In a situation where a buyer claims non-receipt, the primary way that we protect the seller is by allowing them to furnish proof of delivery that shows that the item did indeed arrive safely in the buyer's hands. Without that proof, we have to take the buyer's claim at face value. If all that can be shown is that it was sent, we have no way of seeing whether or not your shipping company did their job for you and delivered the package.

To learn more about how Seller Protection works, you can [click here]. It's a thorough explanation of how to protect yourself.

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.