How do I get Promised Refund from Oct. 2010? Seller won't Respond!

Spiritheart8
New Community Member

Hi everyone,

I bought a "pre-owned," or vintage Robert Lee Morris pendant back in Oct., 2010. Seller said it was "flawless" (literally) with no dents, scratches; that it looked like new, etc. I questioned him on these exact issues because his picture wasn't great, I thought I saw some minor scratches (plus it looked dull, so I asked him about that also), and I didn't want it unless it was perfect. He PROMISED me, once again, that it was flawless, and that if I was not completely satisfied upon arrival, he would completely refund my money. It arrived with a scratch in the middle of it (it's a circular pendant with swirls going inward, all sterling silver). I wrote him and he wrote back, saying I could either return it or he'd give me a partial refund if I wanted to keep it. I asked if I could have some time to think about it as I wasn't feeling well, and he said "fine." I also mentioned that I wanted positive feedback, as I had paid him IMMEDIATELY after winning the auction, and certainly didn't want to tarnish my 100% positive FB if there was a problem. He said I shouldn't worry about my FB (! HE is the one who should be concerned, as he lied to me about the condition of the pendant: He said "It was perfect when I sent it, so it must have happened during shipping." No way this could have happened. The scratch was either THERE or NOT THERE, and if it arrived with a scratch on it, it was THERE when he sent it.) Also, I never quite understood why he didn't enter my positive FB right away, even though I know some sellers like to wait until the item has arrived and the transaction is complete. I was a bit bothered because he didn't just GIVE me my positive FB, and DID mention it. Then, I put off "dealing" with the matter because, to be honest, I was REALLY turned off by his dishonesty. I was also ill for several months, so it wasn't first on my mind. I just wrote him on his AOL account (I found it on my PayPal account when I tried to "find" his member name) the other day asking for my partial refund (he had offered me $10 back on a $34 purchase; I wasn't thrilled but at this point, it's late, I want the piece, so I'll take the $10). He has COMPLETELY ignored my email; I've heard NOTHING BACK from him. WHAT DO I DO? I don't know how to contact him on EBay as my messages won't ALLOW me to, saying "this message is over so many days old." Any way to contact him, as a MEMBER, here on EBAY or do I just go to the Resolution Center? I know they encourage people to try to work things out first on their own, but if he doesn't answer my emails, how do I do this? Any ideas on how to contact this guy on his EBay account, and/or what I should simply DO?  THANKS SO MUCH, and sorry this was so long!

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

bvaz
Contributor
Contributor

The buyer trick you good, you already past the 45 days to open a dispute.

You can't get your money back or partial refund.  He is not obligated now to give you money back or partial refund.

If you was not happy with your purchase you should let him know, the item was not as describe and open a dispute

look like you probably win, but now is nothing you can do about it, you have 45 days to open a dispute on Ebay or paypal and the time run out even to try to get a chargeback from your credit card company.

You let the seller get away this time

Sorry.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.