Did the money go to the buyer?

Meepi
Contributor
Contributor

I had a paypal dispute opened up against me, and so my account was put into a certain amount of negative. The money that I moved over to paypal into my bank account took the negative away, and now I'm able to use it again. My question is, The money did go to the buyer right, who I was refunding? Theres no transation listed on my paypal that said it was going to the buyer, which is why i am alittle worried. The dispute is still open as well, even though I paid the full amount.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

bvaz
Contributor
Contributor

You can check the original transaction when the buyer paid you, it shoul read refunded, if that is the case the money was refunded to the buyer.

my concern here is when you agree to refund the buyer and you sent the refund to him the dispute should close right the way.

check the original transaction and if it shows refunded call paypal customer service to make sure the buyer get the refund and ask them about why the dispute still open, maybe the buyer refuse to get the refund amount you sent.

Login to Me Too

Meepi
Contributor
Contributor
Hi, I just checked it, and it said that the payment status was placed. Does that mean its just waiting for the buyer to approve it or something? Thanks~
Login to Me Too

bvaz
Contributor
Contributor

Should show Payment to "buyer"  status REFUNDED

if does not shows refunded and the money was taken from you account  you should call customer service

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.