Having Trouble with an international buyer .. he filed a claim!!!!

Shimey013

So this is my issue.

About a month ago I sold a $200 card to a guy in Canada. When i went to the post office they told me i couldnt insure it or delivery confirmation it, unless I overnighted it. But the guy didnt wanna pay for over night so I shipped it internation priority. (This is how I ship all my international sales, unless paid for and requested otherwise) Anyway, so after a month, with no contact from the buyer, asking bout the item, some how either i misplaced the recipt from the post office or I tossed it. (my Mistake) and now after about a month he files a claim saying he never got the item. This being said, I feel like he has the card, I have been doing this for 10 years and have shipped cards more expensive the same way and never had an issue, even to countries with worse postal services. Now my issue is, I dont have the recipt, I dont have a tracking # or an insurance # (cause the post office told me i couldnt add it) and all i have it a recipt from paypal that says I used my paypal debit card on the day for the amount internation priority would be and the post office merchant #. So as of now I'm out a $200 card and $200 cash, which because I dont have a tracking # i think I will lost my $200 which I can't afford at the moment cause of my job situation. Well after the claim was filed I pretty much publicly told paypal I think the guy is trying to pull a fast one. I have a 100% positive, Top Seller, and Power Seller and never had any issues in 10 years. Now some how outta the blue, there is an issue..Seriously??

So what do you all recommend I do?? He never e-mailed me to figure out where the item was, He filed a claim after a month and he didnt respond to my e-mail until i said he was trying to pull a fast one..What you think?? I think i'm going to get **bleep**ed. Always fun to lose $400.

But anyway, This is crazy..Where is my protection as a seller?? It's his word against mine and him as the buyer has all the protection in the world( Never seen a seller win a paypal case without a tracking #, always the buyers win them no matter if they got the item or not) . I have to wait till tomorrow to call the post office and paypal, but for now i wanted to see what you all thought bout this.....

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Fmiah
New Community Member

I am literally going through the exact same thing with a buyer from Canada. He did not want to pay extra for shipping. I have 100% feedback also and he's totally pulling a fast one on me b/c there's no tracking #. I do have my receipt and stamped customs form but they're physical copies so I don't know how to submit them as proof. I'm sorry that I can't be of help, but if you get any info, please do share.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.