Disputes - Need Help!

Fiurio
New Community Member

Recently, i have opened up a gaming website, where you can purchase virtual goods for the game. I charge my users paypal payments for these virtual goods. I require them to send a message with their payment saying they have received the virtual goods prior to the payment, and that they will not dispute. Does this protect me/is it valid proof if someone tries to dispute a payment?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Andy

Fiurio- Unfortunately that would not be enough in the case of a dispute.  If someone has....appropriated....someone else's PayPal account and they agree that they won't dispute the transaction, we certainly wouldn't be able to not give whomever's account that is their money back.  If it was you, you'd want the money that was stolen from you, I would think.  And since there is no seller protection for virtual/intangible items, you would lose the money. 😞

On the other hand, if it's a non-receipt dispute or not as described claim, we would cancel those as there is no purchase protection for virtual items.  So you would keep that money....at least until the buyer files a dispute with their funding source. In which case you would more than likely lose your money as well.

Selling virtual items, while certainly potentially profitable, is also extremely high risk and in a lot of cases, you would be forced to shoulder that risk. 

Hope that addresses your concerns.

Andy

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.