Chargebacks & Claim. NO ITEM, NO $, AND BUYER GOT $1500!

C4SxM5
Contributor
Contributor

Sold some car parts outside of Ebay and buyer paid with through paypal ($2400)

Buyer received parts but one part out of the 3 damaged so filed a claim with shipping company.

Buyer decides to file a claim with paypal and paypal gives buyer a certain amount of days showing item was returned for a full refund.

Shipping company accepts liability and cuts a check for the one item that is damage in the amount $1500 to the buyer.

Buyer release claim via paypal and claim is closed, all good right?  NOPE!

Buyer decides he isn't happy with the $1500 check, the 1 damaged part, and 2 good parts after a month of closing the claim with paypal so files a chargeback.

Its been now 5 MONTHS since the chargeback has been filed and my account has been negative $2400 ever since. I'm refusing to pay paypal back eventhough they email every 3 days about.  When I can paypal chargeback dept. they just state their chargeback team is working on it and if the bank doesn't reply than theres nothing they can do.

Buyer has the items, 2 which are perfectly great.  A check from the shipping company for $1500.  The entire $2400 back from the credit company.

I have no items, no paypal account and most likely a mark on credit report...

WTF is wrong with this story?  Can anyone help me or tell me what my options are?

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

profdata
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Here is your problem, the shipper gave your buyer the check.  What should have happened, the shipper cuts you the insurance check, you go to the details page of the original transaction and refund the $1,500.00. 

This wuld have also returned some of the paypal fee to you. and you would have a record of the refund with Paypal.

Did the shipping/insurer give you any paperwork reference the claim amount.  Did you fax that paperwork to paypal.

Were the items sent as "freight".   What shipper did you use, USPS, UPS, Fed Ex,

You can try to file a USPS mail fraud complaint, yes even if they were not shipped via USPS.

You can also try to file a small claims case in the buyer jurisdiction.

Login to Me Too

C4SxM5
Contributor
Contributor

The freight company cut the check to the buyer since the buyer initiated the claim and I gave them okay to proceed that way.  Didn't think I was going to get scam...

Item was shipped freight and proof of delivery (buyer's signature) was given to paypal.

A copy of the claim check was also provided to paypal.

A small claim may work if he wasn't on the otherside of the country.

I just can't comprehend how a company as large as paypal would allow this to happen.  This couldn't be the first time a buyer has done this and for them not to have anything in their power to help and protect sellers from this speaks negatively upon paypal...

Login to Me Too

profdata
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Item was shipped freight and proof of delivery (buyer's signature) was given to paypal.

iF ITS NOT VIEWABLE ONLINE, BE HAPPY pAYPAL IS AT LEAST REVIEWING THE CLAIM

Login to Me Too

profdata
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Paypal isn't letting this happen, the credit card company is.

Login to Me Too

C4SxM5
Contributor
Contributor

You can track it online and it will show time and place of delivery.  To get a the actually signature I had to call them and get via fax, same thing ups/fedex does.

I understand the CC initiated the chargeback but it doesn't seem like paypal is doing anything about other than waiting....

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.