Bad PayPal Decision

badbusiness
New Community Member

I really don't understand how PayPal could have ruled in favor of a buyer who claimed they received an empty package.  I provided them with the tracking information from Stamps.com that showed the weight of the package (more than an empty envelope) plus our scanned packing list.  Aside from requiring a customer signature what more can a seller do to prove they actually shipped the product?

Also, what possible proof could the buyer have that they received an empty envelope?

I don't get it.

By the way, why doesn't PayPal give their reasons when they make a determination in a claim?

I've been in business for 10 years, and this is the very first time I've had such a claim against me.  I think people are beginning to figure out that they can get free stuff if they just make a PayPal claim.  It worked for this customer.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

fmk509
Contributor
Contributor

I have had something similar  happen to me twice in the last 6 months. The first was with a book. I sold a lady a First Edition book. She filed a claim saying I sold her a Book Club edition. She lied. eBay sided with her and gave her back her $75 as long as she shipped the item back. Only problem with that, is that she sent me back the wrong product. She kept my First Edition and her $75 and sent me back the book club edition. The second just happened tonight. I sold a guy a Toronto Blue Jays jersey back in November for $106.99. Brand new with tags. He got the item, left me positive feedback. 3 weeks later he files a claim with Pay Pal for a "item not as described" claims it was a fraudulent item. I contacted eBay, they said I had to contact Pay Pal. Pay Pal tells me to contact the buyer. I did so, except that the number he gave was a fax # and there are 2 names on the account-one name for eBay and one for Pay Pal. I filed a policy violation with eBay and they shut his account down. They also told me what to write to Pay Pal in an email, including the fake phone # and the fact that eBay had closed his account. Jump ahead 2 months(yes it took THAT long and they held up my $106.99 the whole time) Despite all the info I gave them and all the cooperation I provided, they refunded the **bleep** the full $106.99 and let him keep the jersey. In 6 months I have lost almost $200 and from what I am seeing here, it is an increasing trend. People are catching on that there is a nice fat loop-hole in the system and that you can steal from sellers and get away with it. It's like eBay and Pay Pal have given them permission to steal from us. Anyone have any idea what we sellers can do to protect ourselves? I know I cannot afford to stay in business if this continues. Sales are low enough lately with the economy--add losses from theft and I am out of business very soon.

Login to Me Too

gplbilly52
Contributor
Contributor

I agree and the sad part is ebay will loose good sellers like you and me and keep these dishonest intrrnational  buyers. which one do you think ebay makes more monry from. It looks like the beginning of the end for ebay And.their or other options such as overstock and amazon.I for one am done with Ebay and paypal. Thay do nothing to protect there sellers. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.