unauthorized payment , trying to stop pending payment, scam internet site beware!

edgar2tense
Contributor
Contributor

Hello new here to the forum, I purchased an item by mistake and turned out to be a scam internet page tmeyerboys.com ,well it was to late so i purchased an item in this fake page an I tried to cancel the pending payment , but i could not find no cancel button??,so i panic and open a dispute , tech determined that i purchased it , so the item was had a fake tracking number and it says it has been shipped already within less than 24 hours??, so now I was trying to contact tech support again with no luck? I gave them a call , and it does not let me open another dispute? please help!!!

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

Maripozitaa
New Community Member

I purchased 2 items from this website as well.  Come to find out that it is a scam website.  I have tried to cancel the pending payment, but it only gives me the option to archive. I have also tried calling PayPal customer support and no luck.  I am only able to use the message feature, but it says that i have to wait a few hours for PayPal to respond.  If I do not get a resolution, I will go through my bank and report this as FRAUD.  I can't believe that PayPal has this  company/user as a verified user.  I will take a picture of this response to keep as my proof of making an attempt to cancel payment while it is still pending.

Login to Me Too

edgar2tense
Contributor
Contributor
Hello I still had no luck with PayPal , shame but PayPal are the real scammers not verifying their customers, cannot believe my bank did something about the problem , also PayPal please put back your " Cancel Bottom " on your pending charges, your quick to collect but not quick for the people, but yeah call your bank and report it as fraud ,take it easy people's ....
Login to Me Too

Roundthesound
Contributor
Contributor

<removed> email address that was linked to the PayPal account that took my money. This is the PayPal email address used for this site. If you are on this fake site it is linked to another site that sells children's playground equipment. I filed a complaint with the FTC, and of course PayPal. They came up with some fake tracking information so now waiting to escalate my case as soon as I can get in touch with a human.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.