PAYPAL IS UNSAFE NOW!

IfeanyiEk
New Community Member

Someone used my email address, NOT THIS VERY ONE I AM USING to opened PayPal account and how the person verified the account without going through my email is alarming. The person is perfectly using this account and I am getting email from Paypal.

Right now, PayPal made scam activities easy on its platform as they shut down phone calls and even getting help from PayPal is not simple or rather straight forward now. There is no straight way to see email to reach out for emergency or phone numbers. I have been trying to get e-mail address to write Paypal and it is not bringing out e-mail. It is opening this url in new window https://www.paypal.com/smc/customer

This URL shows

The page isn’t redirecting properly

An error occurred during a connection to www.paypal.com.

This problem can sometimes be caused by disabling or refusing to accept cookies.

Someone should tell Paypal to disable any account operating with the e-mail address, the owner of the e-mail which is do not have idea of such account and never confirmed the email.

MESSAGES I RECEIVED IN LAST 21 HOURS

Dear Anthony <Removed>,

Welcome to your new PayPal Business account.

Whether you’re a start-up or a large organization, we’re here to offer the support you need to help your business grow.

Just click the button below and follow our simple steps to get started.

You can manage your communication preferences from your profile.

If you have any questions, please log in to your account and click Contact at the bottom of any PayPal page.

Sincerely,

PayPal

SECOND EMAIL I RECEIVED

Dear Anthony <Removed>,

We have completed our review and have returned your account to regular
standing.

Thank you for your patience during this process and for helping to make
PayPal the safest and most trusted online payment solution.

Sincerely,
PayPal

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Help:
https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/helpweb?cmd=_help
Security Center:
https://www.paypal.com/us/security

This email was sent by an automated system, so if you reply, nobody will
see it. To get in touch with us, log in to your account and click "Contact
Us" at the bottom of any page.

Copyright © 2020 PayPal, Inc. All rights reserved. PayPal is located at
<removed>

PayPal Email ID PP203 - 76f99a7fa2344

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

here_unsafe
New Community Member

I got a similar problem. Someone use my Paypal account with a different email address.

But I didn't receive any information about the transition in my email box.

The most ridiculous thing is that Paypal denied some transitions from the same merchant due to unauthorized transactions but not all of them.

And I file a dispute with Paypal, after around two weeks, the same conclusion. and Paypal refused to provide information with my Bank, where I filed a dispute as Paypal didn't pay attention to my dispute.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.