toby deals. com safe?

Rush1984x
Contributor
Contributor

Anyone have experience with this site ? I just bought a smartwatch from them for £217 usual price £349 I USED MY CREDIT CARD VIA PAL PAL , i was told im safe if i use paypal anyone bought from them and have i got a good deal or have i been scammed.

Login to Me Too
49 REPLIES 49

Fraser2424
Contributor
Contributor

Toby Deals use a uk webside, but are based in Hong Kong. Which means that your item could be checked at customs on arrival, resulting in a massive duty to be paid by you. Some get through some don’t, do you feel lucky. This is the main gateway into the UK, for Chinese and Asian goods,which means coming up to Christmas they will be getting tougher. Hope this helps, I have been waiting three weeks, no reply to my emails, bogus tracking.

Login to Me Too

Fraser2424
Contributor
Contributor

This company based in Hong Kong and not in the UK has been scamming customers, I am still waiting for a refund through PayPal a month on. They know that PayPal takes ages to resolve a problem whilst they keep your money. The bargains just don’t exist.The comments made by so many unhappy customers should be a warning to others. Avoid this seller.

Login to Me Too

Georgina50
Contributor
Contributor
Nooooooo! I purchased expensive bluetooth headphones for my son's birthday that wouldn't charge. TobyDeals acknowledges that the item is faulty but won't replace them on a technicality. This Hong Kong based company is a nightmare to deal with. And don't think PayPal buyer protection will help either. Avoid the hassle and pay a few dollars more for peace of mind!
Login to Me Too

Penzance001
New Community Member
Is there a contact email?. I can't find it.
Login to Me Too

Severian50

Complete scam. Ordered a Huawei Honor 8X and it came but was for the wrong country, so didn't work except on wifi. They demanded I pay return shipping plus an admin fee for them to even consider refunding or replacing, even though it was their fault. Already lodged a complaint through PayPal. Hopefully they can get my money back. I'd be happy to return the phone with an RMA shipping label. It's worthless here.

Login to Me Too

Nilknarf
Contributor
Contributor
There is one on there main page.
Login to Me Too

cezar34
Toby deals it's not 100% genuine.Might not be a scam but it is rubbish. I ordered a smartwatch from Tobydeals.co.uk The website looks like a genuine UK website.After first email,i realized they despatch orders from outside UK,not that far...from China.I sent them 5 emails,i contacted Paypal,no response.After 3 days,I received another email,my watch was picked by courier(perhaps a courier in China).Now I have no option,just to wait and see what I will receive,if its genuine watch,if comes in good condition and what I'm gonna do if it's defect.Will be a nightmare,to make a return to China.That will take ages.
Login to Me Too

mike_land

Ordered a Garmin Forerunner 935 on Toby Deals, I live in one of the smallest states in New England.

Was fairly nervous after reading some reviews, however, product was shipped from Hong Kong on Monday and I received it the following Thursday.  My DHL tracking worked perfectly and my watch appears to be brand new and working flawlessly.  The only caveat, is the watch is in fact the ASIA version.  But, I have read the only real difference is the Asian versions receive software updates a little slower than the Euro or American versions.  My watch is running 12.2, it looks like a 12.5 has been released.

All in all, I was kicking myself over my lack of judgement using this sight, but so far so good.  Not sure if I would risk it again, but I can't complain.  Got the watch for $388 including insured shipping.  Watch is sold at $500 of Garmin site and 450ish on Amazon. 

Login to Me Too

Kona7856
I bought 2 Motorola G7 power smart phones. After two weeks of back and forth emails and videos of the phones not working in the United States, they agreed that my phones were DOA and to send them back. I was not surprised that when they got them back in Hong Kong that they worked. Now I'm being charged $75 for return fees and inspection fee. You might get lucky and have a good experience, but their goal is not to secure return business. Descriptions of products are vague. I would at least steer clear of smart phones. I tried Verizon, at&t, and Sprint SIM cards. None of them worked. The description said the phone was unlocked. I also contacted Motorola of Signapore and they said I should return the phone too. Overall, this has been my worst experience online purchase. I would suggest buying from another website.
Login to Me Too

JohnJB1

Yes I to have been waiting, the order was placed on the 17th August and still no tracking number. I will now send them an email threatening to notify PayPal and see how quick they move!!!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.