Account Limited for Months

h_pearson
Contributor
Contributor

Trying to confirm if  this is a common issue or not. My account got hacked back in april. The charges were marked as fraud and my account was put into the limited status. For a long time I wasn't able to confirm a card or my identity in the resolution center no matter what I clicked, so I waited until my bank and paypal finished processing the fraud. That process finished in the first couple weeks of August. For whatever reason, I was finally able to confirm everything paypal asked for. All check marks are green and I am currently in this supposed 72 hour business day review time. Clearly it has been more than 72 hours. It's been 2 and a half months now. The dumbest part of this whole thing is the ONLY emails I receive from paypal are asking me to complete the steps to confirm my identity when I HAVE. There is nothing new to fill out every time I log in. So what's going on? I can't even close the damn account to get my card and bank off of this website. There's also no option to email them wherever I look in their contact information. It's either instant messaging, calling, or messaging the community. I definitely don't have time to sit and wait for several hours for a call that might never happen right now, so I'm posting this here before I bother trying the messaging to find out if it's even worth my time. I haven't been able to use paypal for 6 months because of this ridiculous system.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.