sent money to comiclake. was it a scam?

macs54
Contributor
Contributor

I recently purchased some tools from a company called Comiclake. They say they are in Illinois, but their phone number is in Ohio. They wont answer their phone and it was such a good deal that I am starting to think it was all a scam. I paid with paypal for the buyer protection. Has anybody purchased from Comiclake and actually received their items? 

Thanks.

Mac.

Login to Me Too
113 REPLIES 113

mcrasmus
New Community Member

I recently discovered this website, and I'm also interested in some of the too-good-to-be-true tools. Post again if this comes through.

Login to Me Too

J2048b
Contributor
Contributor

definitely most likely a scam, just had a heating bill added to my cc from illinois.....

Login to Me Too

J2048b
Contributor
Contributor

i will add this tho:

the marketplace web site i purchased my stuff thru has been prompt on replying to all my emails, even told me everything shipps from china and will be here in about 30 days.... so i will wait and see....very convincing.....but who knows....

the last item i bought from china, a big gun type messager, took forever and honestly isnt that bad...

Login to Me Too

Robahhess

It is a total scam, don’t order anything from Comiclake or “Milknet.top”.  I ordered a charcoal grill and after its 3-week journey from China received three N-95 masks... After reading other people’s reviews, the exact same thing happened to them.

Login to Me Too

Juju2020
Contributor
Contributor

So did I. I ordered 3 days ago and received emails about the orders being processed once the payment clears. The prices too seem like great deals. I tried calling the number, disconnected. I sure hope it’s not a scam. I’m glad I used PayPal to buy.

Login to Me Too

BAP1007
Contributor
Contributor

I did the same thing. Bought from COMICLAKE.com thinking it was domiciled in the US. When I saw where the payment went I got a bit suspicious and started to email the company for status. After several days I got a very poorly written email from their customer service stating my purchase has shipped. Odd thing is that I was provided with a China Post tracking number which turns out to be bogus. Thank goodness I bought through PayPal Credit. Worst case scenario I can dispute this through Synchrony Bank who holds the credit agreements with PayPal. I do not have a lot a faith in PayPal doing anything with my dispute considering: 1. They allow thieves like COMICLAKE.com to have merchant accounts with them, 2. PayPal gives the merchant 20 days to answer PayPal's query regarding the transaction disputed, 3. There is no way to provide additional information on the dispute once it is in the hands of PayPal. It would seem as if the merchants have the benefit of the doubt versus buyers. Buyers are left holding the empty bag whilst PayPal allows the crooked merchants plenty of time to close shop. I think after this experience it would be prudent for me to close my PayPal account.

Login to Me Too

Kathgoose
I'm 99% sure it's a scam. I almost bought this, but didn't after coming here. Something is off with this company. https://www.postate.club/keurig-kold-drinkmaker-white-with-two-bonus-glasses?gclid=CjwKCAjw4pT1BRBUE...
Login to Me Too

BAP1007
Contributor
Contributor

I would hold off on that as you have done. There are probably a half dozen or more who have already been scammed by these crooks. Since PayPal gives the merchants so much time to respond to the disputes the money will be long gone before any restitution can be made. Too bad PayPal sticks to their guns since there will be a lot of claims. I hope PayPal honors their buyer protection promises or we will have to pursue these claims through Consumer Affairs which will put PayPal on the hot seat. 

Login to Me Too

Djphillup
Contributor
Contributor
Bought an electric mower for $70. The retailer was “Wrongarm” but then the email came from “Comiclake”. I haven’t received anything. It seems fishy. They provided some strange tracking link that I won’t touch. I too wonder if it’s too good to be true.
Login to Me Too

Juju2020
Contributor
Contributor

How long ago did you place the order?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.