sent money to comiclake. was it a scam?

macs54
Contributor
Contributor

I recently purchased some tools from a company called Comiclake. They say they are in Illinois, but their phone number is in Ohio. They wont answer their phone and it was such a good deal that I am starting to think it was all a scam. I paid with paypal for the buyer protection. Has anybody purchased from Comiclake and actually received their items? 

Thanks.

Mac.

Login to Me Too
113 REPLIES 113

esid721248
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @ Macs54,

Thank you very much for your query.

I really appreciate that you have brought this to our attention.  If in case that you have not received your item or the item that you have received is not what as described, and you have already communicated with the seller but no response. you may want to consider filing a dispute via the Resolution Center on your PayPal account.  Please be guided that you have 180 days from the transaction date to initiate a dispute.

For additional information in filing a dispute, kindly go to this link:  https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/i-didn't-receive-my-item-or-it's-different-than-describe...

Hope this helps.

Take care and stay safe.

Login to Me Too

xena2
Contributor
Contributor

Did it show up as PP merchant charge instead of the usual Paypal followed by company name?  I too am thinking its a scam.

Login to Me Too

Gregg4
Contributor
Contributor

Yes it is a scam they follow the same script.You order and pay for items that are priced very low.

They send tracking right away, you feel good. Wait three weeks and get face masks or booties, not what you ordered and write back. They send an apologetic email and ask for a photo of what you got. Note the email address is wrong, not a .com, but something you never saw. This is a mask, you really have no idea where the email is going anyway, they respond with a polite apology and offer to reship. Then after a few days, you get another request for a photo of what you got, exactly as the first. The cycle continues until you let them know you know they are scammers and it stops. Also known as Monapple, and other names. There is a Chinese persons name as the recipient of the money if you used PayPal, but that is probably fake too. I HOPE PAYPAY RESEARCHES THESE RECIPIENTS AND SHUTS THEM DOWN.

Login to Me Too

thickchick
Contributor
Contributor

yes. i just received face mask in the mail, i had no clue who sent them until pay pal said that the tracking number said that the actual item i ordered was delivered. i pray the get caught.  because i did not order face masks. I am going to report them.

Login to Me Too

CCHise
We did the same thing. I found this website after finding this thread. It made me a little hopeful: https://www.scamadviser.com/check-website/comiclake.com
Login to Me Too

Chitony001
Contributor
Contributor
I went to the site, it seems too good to be true, you can buy a whole set of tools for $59 and if you look up one 18v battery by itself (on the same site ) it is also $59. I think it’s a scam .
Login to Me Too

BajaJimmy
Contributor
Contributor
I was wondering the same thing. A $600 miter saw for only $57??
Login to Me Too

J2048b
Contributor
Contributor

not sure if it is a scam, YET... a lot of shipping is shut down right now...i purchased a lot of items from another distributor in lign with fitness, used paypal a couple times then changed my password just to cma...but used my cc thru paypal as well as thru the web site i was on, i will patiently wait and see if anything shows up...to good to be true usually means just that, BUT it might be due to the covid stuff going on right now...IM WITH U, as i am hoping it all gets here but will wait and see, if it doesnt, then i will get my money back...

Login to Me Too

Robahhess

Did you ever get your items? I ordered a charcoal grill from Comiclake and waited 3 weeks for it to come directly from China. “It” arrived yesterday and was three N-95 masks... NOT a grill. I tried to call customer service (number not in service), emailed (returned) and went back to the website (removed). Soooo... I think we’ve been scammed.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.