scammed and waiting on dispute

meldrops
Contributor
Contributor

so at the beginning of December, I bought a camera for a pretty serious amount of money. but after doing some research I found out that the seller did actually have the camera and I basically got baited. I opened a case on the 8th of January and I read that if the seller doesn't respond in 10 days the case would close in my favor. It's been 12 days as of the 20th and I wondering should I continue to wait till the case auto closes on the 28 or escalate it. what would be the wait on escalating my case or should I just contact my bank directly. please respond ASAP.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@meldrops 

If seller does not respond, escalate within 20 days of date of dispute or the case automatically closes with no resolution.

**You only don’t escalate if there is no need to pursue the matter any further against the seller so dispute can close automatically.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@meldrops 

If seller does not respond, escalate within 20 days of date of dispute or the case automatically closes with no resolution.

**You only don’t escalate if there is no need to pursue the matter any further against the seller so dispute can close automatically.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.