returns to China

JohnHenderson
Contributor
Contributor

I have been trying to send information to PayPal regarding a watch I received from China. The company has sent the wrong item to hundreds of people. When they complain they receive the wrong watch  they offer a slight discount which is trivial in comparison to the cost of the watch. I have been in contact with Invicta the makers of the watch and the person I spoke to does not think this company supplies their watches and are probably counterfeit. 

Also when trying to return the item I was informed by the post office that watches are prohibited from being sent to china due to the technology they contain.

my questions are as follows.

How do I send an email address to PayPal with details of prohibited items as their link does not allow it?

Why should customers be liable for return costs when it was the company that has messed up?

If it is counterfeit goods should this company be blocked from trading on PayPal?

Login to Me Too
23 REPLIES 23

pictureman36
Contributor
Contributor
Totally agree... PayPal don't realise that they're facilitating a fraud. The seller knows that PayPal won't recover the money and will insist that the item sent in 'error' is returned.. knowing full well that the return postage is more than the refund.
Login to Me Too

she_survived_it
Contributor
Contributor

I am disgusted with PayPal as well @alveria34 ... I guess it doesn't matter that the seller admits to sending the incorrect item.. 

Login to Me Too

pictureman36
Contributor
Contributor
Not a watch but a paint sprayer. Bought it from an ad on Facebook not realising it was from China. Price was in $ so stupidly thought that it might be from the US. Turned out was China. Paid for it beginning of June. Had not arrived by end of July. Gave me tracking details showing my parcel in Lithuania... 2 days later a $5 paint roller appeared. Contacted sender who offered a 40% refund. I raised a complaint with PayPal. No human contact. In the end I did speak to someone and they told me I had to return it for a full refund. When I pointed out that the return post would probably be greater than the cost of the refund she didn't seem to understand. PayPal closed the dispute and allowed the seller to keep my money.. Basically it's theft by desception facilitated by PayPal.
Login to Me Too

she_survived_it
Contributor
Contributor
So apparently after many emails and PayPal looking at my message in the message center they stated they would give me a full refund... It’s funny they answered my message after I contacted my credit card company to open a dispute... I’m still not using PayPal anymore, this was too much of a hassle...
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.