paypal is stealing my money

latifa_15
Contributor
Contributor

Hello paypal community, this is my final resort at this point. So paypal is keeping over 1000$ which belongs to me on hold for the past TWO YEARS. At first i was underage, which was understanable, even though i didnt agree with it, i still proceeded to wait 2 YEARS patiently until i was of age to take out my money even though my parents were managing my account (pathetic right?) BUT i proceeded to wait anyway because rules are rules right? Now that im 18 ive verified my address and bank account successfuly, but they are PURPOSEFULLY REFUSING to verify my identity. I've tried not once, but THREE times over the past few days to verify my idenity. i Followed all of the instructions on the page, and then they send this pathetic excuse to my email:
Dear **** *****,
We regret to inform you that in accordance with clause 1 of our User Agreement "Eligibility", you are not eligible to use the PayPal service until you attain 18 years of age.

HELLO? IM LITERALLY 18 YOU CAN SEE IT ON MY DRIVERS LICENCSE???! Whoever is reviewing the documents is purposefully doing this, because there is NO WAY, ABSOLUTELY NO WAY you can be this imbecilic.

please give me my **bleep** money back, im tired of these games that the so called 'staff' are playing. what do you get from purposefully rejecting documents which have no fault????????

And then when i want to contact paypal, apparently all of their staff are 'offline' and i cannot be connected to an agent. stop avoiding your customers. paypal by far has one of the WORST customer service i have ever seen in my life.

Just give me my money back stop stealing, there is absolutely no reason for money to be held onto for this long! is this company this much of a failure? its like they are holding my money for ransom, because there are absolutely no excuses at this point. and the sad thing is that i know nothing is going to be resolved even if i post on the community tab, im sick and tired.

Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9

latifa_15
Contributor
Contributor

give me back my money 😠

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@latifa_15 

You would never be able to use that illegally made underage account (your parents can't authorise you to break paypal rules).

So your best bet is to open a new account and then contact customer services and request that they transfer the funds over to that new account for you.

Contact options for Paypal are accessed by clicking help/contact bottom left of Paypal pages.

1. Paypal phones when available (you can use the guest option if you can't log in).
2. Live chat is also randomly available.
3. You can send them a message, during business hours you may also be able to message whilst logged out.
Or
4. Have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their Facebook or Twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

tZero
Contributor
Contributor

they are doing the same **bleep** for me, but I verified my account a long time ago and they randomly limited my account

I waited 180 days, I didn't receive an email or anything to what they said to get your money back. I call them, they tell me I have to wait 3 days for the email to be sent out. 3 days passed, I call them again where is my money, they told me to wait a week. A week passed, I call them again where is my money I am frustrated, they tell me they will pass this case up to their higher ups to solve and wait another week. I waited another week and called back and they said they have no information and to wait for another week for a response from their superior.

Wtf am I meant to do with this, holding my money and giving **bleep** excuses to hold onto my money, it has been 3-4 weeks that they have held my money that is past the original 180 days, and with this consistent waiting and excuse-making, I'll lawyer up if necessary because this **bleep** is getting ridiculous

@latifa_15 

Login to Me Too

latifa_15
Contributor
Contributor

lol they love abusing their customers, sadly i'm not surprised that your'e going through the same thing all, its a normal occurance for this company. And i know that there are many other unfortunate paypal users around the globe who are going through the same thing. Best believe once i get my **bleep** back i am NEVER using paypal again ✌️@tZero 

Login to Me Too

Firas9
New Community Member
I’m having same situation here too
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Siobhan2

Hi latifa_15, 

Thank you for contacting the PayPal Community Forum! 

We are sorry to hear this. Please contact our Customer Support team for further assistance. I would suggest contacting us via Facebook - https://www facebook.com/PayPal/, Twitter - @AskPayPal., chat or phone and we would be happy to advise.

- Siobhan 

Login to Me Too

mabo333
Contributor
Contributor

I was new to Paypal since a client wanted to send me 5000 USD for a personal advisory service, non tax invoiced. So I opened an account, they charged me 200 USD fee and then blocked my account, without any option to contact support and just keeping the money! Can't send it back, can't cancel, can't use it, can't pay – that is basically a real rip off. I was wondering why here most shops banned Paypal, now I am getting a picture.

I was notified that in 180 days – which is 6 months !!! I will get an email what will happen next. This is ridiculous since this is not their money. If Paypal doesn't want me as client for whatever reason, it is fine – cancel, kick me out... but do not take me my money away! Keep your fee but send the money back, cancel the transaction, don't take it away and work with it. 

Login to Me Too

miailias

EXACTLY the same thing happened to me!! but they're holding $200 from me I wouldn't be able to cope if it was $1000. IM major **bleep** aswell.... did you end up fixing it because they HAVEN'T FIXED MINE!!

Login to Me Too

mabo333
Contributor
Contributor

The more I research the more cases and posts I am finding – and Paypal doesn't react really in most cases. Best practice is to spread word around the own network and the internet. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.