paypal denying my access to my money

leexesther
New Community Member

Hello! 

I use paypal because I sell clothing on the app Depop and I need to have a Business account to create shipping labels. However, recently, my account has closed off my access to my money. For example, when I recently tried to purchase a shipping label, paypal denied the action. I found out when I clicked on the "Business Set-up" tab that I can only spend my money when I confirm that I am a business, but I do not have an actual employer identification code (which is needed) because I just use Depop and don't officially have a business of my own. What do I do to get my money back? 

Thanks!

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@leexesther wrote:

Hello! 

I use paypal because I sell clothing on the app Depop and I need to have a Business account to create shipping labels. However, recently, my account has closed off my access to my money. For example, when I recently tried to purchase a shipping label, paypal denied the action. I found out when I clicked on the "Business Set-up" tab that I can only spend my money when I confirm that I am a business, but I do not have an actual employer identification code (which is needed) because I just use Depop and don't officially have a business of my own. What do I do to get my money back? 

Thanks!

Have you gone into Profile and Settings > Business Information > Update > Click Edit to the right of the logo and select individual, indicate what you sell, etc. Then go back to Profile and where you see Tax ID Number, and enter your social security number.  It's important to fill out this information even if you are selling as individual and not registered business.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.