<removed> Paypal scam ,<removed>

Jammill404
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

Can anyone help me or direct me to someone who will take this issue seriously.

On the 27th October 2018 a order when through on <removed> ( 3 x £50 PSN cards). I was totally unaware of this up until the 31st October where paypal sent me email saying they payed for the items since i did not have the funds to cover it. I log into paypal immediately and see my balance in the -XX. I contacted paypal regarding this issue for an unauthorised purchase, they got back to me saying it is all legit that they checked the IP and closed it in the merchants favour. I am 100% sure no one used my account as i am the only one to use it, i have not clicked on any phishing links, i always check the email id to see it it is being masked. I contacted them again and said they can try the "item not received approach". which they did. And again they say that <removed>had sent the item. I did not check this earlier but <removed> did indeed send an email. If you know how <removed>works is that they send you a link which directs you to a section of their site where you can write/redeem the code. so i click the link and it redirects me to my account order history. Note i do have an <removed> account and i was able to check the order history and on there it clearly says order CANCELLED, you can view it further and it also says REFUNDED. i have clear proof (screenshot of this). I also have proof that the link redirects me to my account history. I have contacted them 3 times with no response it has been over a week. Paypal is now pressuring me to cough up the payment. i have also contacted <removed> and am awaiting for a response, since that is where the payment went. Please does anyone know what i can do? Any help would be appreciated thanks. 

Login to Me Too
35 REPLIES 35

zolibalint
Contributor
Contributor

The same problem for me, november 24 , this kind of company charged me 45,99 GBP for some cd key, what I was not bought , I was sleeping, when I wake up I saw a notification about this payment, then another email from paypal to change my password, so I don't know whats going on, I just sent this payment to the resolution center.

Login to Me Too

Zoidbort
Contributor
Contributor

This is EXACTLY what happened to me this morning!

521am I had TWO $250 purchases via cdkeys placed on my PP account. 
There was also one placed via G2A for 95 Euros but that was declined by G2A. 
I contacted PP right away with a dispute and they DENIED my request stating the transactions were authorized!?

I had a $50 PP balance and the rest came directly out of my bank account. 
I did not make then nor have I ever bought anything from cdkeys!
This thread shows something is up and PP is letting it happen!

Been with PP since 2000 but I might have to contact my bank and get this dealt with via a charge-back...PP protection my **bleep**!!

Login to Me Too

Pwright1
Contributor
Contributor
This happened to me did this get resolved for anyone? I need help. PayPal said it was from my ip.
Login to Me Too

Jammill404
Contributor
Contributor

An update.

I contacted <removed>  aswell as <removed>regarding this issue 4 times and i have not got any response from them, it has been almost a month with no word whatsoever. Paypal said they can't contact them, because of customer data protection, something along those lines. Now i have to end up paying for absolutely nothing. Please avoid PayPal they are terrible. Use your Bank(debit/credit) for transactions like these they are more than likely to side with you with matters like this. Never again using this. I would like to hear if anyone has got their problem resolved i see quite a few messages detailing the same issue.

Login to Me Too

oscarhidalgo
Contributor
Contributor

I've had the same problem, two charges of 52.39 for 2 gift cards. I reported it to Paypal after 15 minutes. I have three complaints and appeals. They tell me that these are not unauthorized operations. I asked them for the IP address from which the transactions were made and they did not give it to me. I told them that I did not buy these products, that I have no relationship with <removed>, and that I did not receive anything from <removed>... Nor have I been given any information on how this purchase was made. Not only do they violate their own buyer protection policy, they are also cooperators of fraud and violate personal data protection law. I have spoken to them twice on the telephone and they have given me the reason, then in the resolution they deny it to me. Very well by Paypal. 

Today finally, after two appeals and three days talking to them I spoke with a security officer who last Saturday saw how other users were affected by the same practice, and finally they have recognized an unauthorized use of my account and canceled the charges. Unfortunately I still do not have the information on how these payments were made, from which IP, etc...

Yo he tenido el mismo problema, dos cargos de 52,39 por 2 tarjetas regalo. Lo denuncié a Paypal a los 15 minutos. Llevo tres reclamaciones y apelaciones. Me indican que no se trata de operaciones no autorizadas. Les he solicitado la IP desde donde se han realizado las transacciones y no me lo han proporcionado. Les he indicado que yo no he comprado dichos productos, que no tengo relación con <removed>, y que no he recibido nada de <removed>... Tampoco me han facilitado cómo se ha realizado dicha compra. No solo vulneran su propia política de protección del comprador, además son cooperadores de un fraude e infringen la ley de protección de datos personales. He hablado 2 veces por teléfono con ellos y me han dado la razón, luego en la resolución me la deniegan. Muy bien por Paypal. 

Hoy finalmente, tras dos apelaciones y tres días hablando con ellos he hablado con un responsable de seguridad que el sábado pasado vio como otros usuarios eran afectados por la misma práctica, y finalmente han reconocido un uso no autorizado de mi cuenta y cancelado los cargos. Desgraciadamente sigo sin disponer de la información de cómo se realizaron dichos pagos, desde qué IP, etc...

Login to Me Too

bencandil
Contributor
Contributor

PayPay me ha devuelto el dinero en tres días, son de confianza, me lo han demostrado en varias ocasiones, yo también llevo mucho años trabajando con ellos, ellos no fallan. Pero no obstante espero que tomen acciones legales con esta clase de delincuentes y erradiquen esta clase de timos. Suerte amigo!

Login to Me Too

Markibi
Contributor
Contributor

The same thing happened to me today I filed for an unauthorized transaction and paypal answers me that everything is ok and that the case is closed, they have stolen my money and they say that everything is OK

Login to Me Too

Kmjohns
Contributor
Contributor

Same here and paypal declined my claim too even though they texted me it looked suspicious 

Login to Me Too

Pwright1
Contributor
Contributor
This happened to me did this get resolved for anyone? I need help. PayPal said it was from my ip. How did you appeal? Please help
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.