i should be able to reopen a closed dispute when paypal is **bleep**

hiwsprs

this is what happened.

I bought items from a "made in the US" website. It had a US address and a US IP address. Items were nice looking and stated the items were made of superior materials. Immediately after purchase, I get a notification from paypal that the seller is a Chinese company. I immediately panic and do research. The company is notorious for scamming people. They steal images from websites and put them on their own store front. Buyer can't realize they walked into a trap until it's sprung. They have a cancellation policy that states if you cancel before 24 hours, you get a full refund. So. I cancelled the order within a few minutes of initial purchase.

By the next morning (still within the 24 hour time frame), the seller refused to cancel the order and said item was already shipped. They gave me a clearly fake tracking number. After this, they refused to communicate with me. I put in a paypal dispute and suddenly the seller was blowing up my email, trying desperately to get me to cancel the dispute. I refused. 

Within a day (mind you, this is about 2 weeks after the initial purchase and attempt to cancel, which makes it about 2 weeks after they said they shipped the items), the seller suddenly shipped items to me. I didn't understand why... Paypal would surely side with me so why would they ship anything if they were going to be forced to refund me? That's a double loss, isn't it?

THESE PEOPLE ARE GENIUSES AT FRAUD.

I received items that WERE NOT WHAT I ORDERED (duh).

To make it much more painful, paypal declined my dispute because they saw I had received items in the mail.

And now I can't reopen the dispute.

I'm so **bleep** right now, my teeth hurt.

I don't want these crappy items I didn't order. I didn't want to buy items from a fake website, either... but it just seems like the Chinese are way better at using our own business policies against us than we are at using them to protect us from vultures.

What the hell can I do now? I refuse to accept defeat! There must be a way to get paypal to reopen this dispute. Yeah, I got items in the mail - but they are not as described. The seller (taunting me??) says they don't want the items back and refuse to give me a return mailing address. 

sigh

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

hiwsprs

edit, this company is PEARLGO TECHNOLOGY CO., LIMITED

which seems like plenty of other paypal users ARE ALSO FEUDING WITH FOR THE SAME REASONS.

PAYPAL... how about you do something about it and ban the company from using your services? Hmm??

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@hiwsprs 

Why did you not change the dispute from non receipt TO not as described before it auto closed?

If you didn't have time then........

You are only allowed x1 dispute per transaction so the only way you can get a second dispute opened is to contact Paypal (when and if you can) and see if they will open a second dispute for you.
They may decline citing policies but if you say what happened then they might open a second dispute for you.

If not then if you funded your paypal payment via a credit card then consider contacting your card issuer and see if they will help you with a chargeback?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.