did not receive the item ordered but money was taken out

Ricodeebababa
New Community Member
I bought a new bra and some underwear from Victoria secret online using paypal to check out. Now my order is not showing up even though PayPal took out the money and Victoria secret said they cannot do anything about it since I used PayPal. So I have 50$ missing and no items received for that 50$. What do I do?
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Ricodeebababa 

Is there a pending authorization for the transaction in your paypal account activity?

On some occasions an order would fail to go through but the temporary authorization agreement between you and the merchant goes through and the funds are put on hold for the merchant to capture...up to 30 days. PayPal cannot cancel this authorization as it expires within 30 days, dropping off entirely from your PayPal account and funds released and you can't dispute it since the funds were not or aren't going to be captured by VS.

However, if the payment is marked complete in your PayPal account activity right now, then you can dispute it as item not received by clicking the transaction and clicking 'Report a problem".

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.