bathroom remodel claim

bradenpk3
New Community Member

I hired this person based off of our initial meeting, he gave me an estimate and seemed qualified, and diligent for the work. The first estimate was $1700. I sent him $800 deposit on PayPal that was froze because he was using a different email. The next day he asked for cash (for supplies) so I have him an additional $200 in cash. He did 2 hours worth of work and left for the day. The next day, he gave me a new estimate for additional work of $1400. I then gave him $700 in cash. Again, he worked for 2 hours then left for the day. The next day he was supposed to come in the morning and never showed up, when I texted him asking when he’ll be there he said “I think I’ll take the day off” That’s when I researched his company and found bad reviews. Not 1 good experience from anybody. I had him call me in the morning and when he did, I told him I didn’t want to continue with him. I offered for him to keep the $900 in cash that was given to him ( for 4 hours of work) and for him to send me $800 back on PayPal. He didn’t agree to this and was clearly upset. He came up with excuses, and told me how good his work is and that those bad reviews weren’t his fault. At that point he ignored my texts and calls for the rest of the day. is there any way to get my $800 back at least?? thank you 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

WarrenPink
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @bradenpk3, we're sorry to hear this experience. As long as you paid this as payment for goods and services, We can definitely help you file a dispute. You may file an Item/Service not received dispute. Here's How to File a Dispute.

Hope this helps! 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.