Question about returns

velvatinerabbit
New Community Member

I purchased a product (600 ft. of air hose) and the seller sent me something completely different (Ray-Ban sunglasses).  They offered to refund me  but was taking $10 out of total.  I refused the partial payment, now they will refund the whole amount but require me to send back the item they sent by mistake at my expense to Hong Kong.  Why do I need to pay the shipping back when it was their mistake in the first place?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Teddy25
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @velvatinerabbit 

I hope all is well. First, I must say, thank you for taking time to use the community forum to be heard as our phone lines are currently closed due to the
pandemic coronavirus (covid-19) emergency.   I'm so sorry that you received a totally different item and based on what i have read that you refused to accept the partial refund that this merchant offered.  For you to have the full refund you really have to shipped back the item but no worries PayPal has come up with Return Shipping on Us to somewhat help our customer.  Kindly click and read this link to properly inform you on how to avail that feature. 

https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/can-i-get-free-shipping-on-a-paypal-return-faq3544  hope this link will be helpful.  I'm glad that i was able to assist you. Stay safe.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.