account limited but didn't show resolve steps

Alexgas
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

"There’s a problem with your account. Be sure to resolve it to restore full account access."

I have a notification message about the above notice. when I clicked the resolve account issue option then page redirects to the home page. I didn't see any resolve steps in the resolution center. what can do about this?

thank you

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

_terran
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, unfortunately you cant lift a limitation but i hope this info below helps 🙂

What are holds, limitations and reserves

Under certain circumstances, in order to protect PayPal and the security and integrity of the network of buyers and sellers that use the PayPal services, PayPal may take account-level or transaction-level actions. Unless otherwise noted, if we take any of the actions described here, we’ll provide you with notice of our actions, but we retain the sole discretion to take these actions. To request information in connection with an account limitation, hold or reserve, you should visit the Resolution Center or follow the instructions in our email notice with respect to the limitation, hold or reserve.

Our decision about holds, limitations and reserves may be based on confidential criteria that are essential to our management of risk and the protection of PayPal, our customers and/or service providers. We may use proprietary fraud and risk modeling when assessing the risk associated with your PayPal account. In addition, we may be restricted by regulation or a governmental authority from disclosing certain information to you about such decisions. We have no obligation to disclose the details of our risk management or security procedures to you.

In order to facilitate PayPal’s actions described above and allow us to assess the level of risk associated with your PayPal account, you agree to cooperate with PayPal’s reasonable requests for financial statements and other documentation or information in a timely fashion.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@_terran 

Of course you can lift a limitation, its only if paypal say its permanent that you can't lift it and the poster states paypal have told them to resolve the issues.

@Alexgas 

Normally the issue is verifying your account or identity, if you can't see any resolve links in the resolution centre or message centre then contact customer services for confirmation of what they require.

Paypal phones are mostly non operational since covid but sometimes you get lucky.
If there is one available it will show when you click help / contact bottom left of Paypal pages for options available in your country.
Live chat is randomly available.
You can send them a message.
Or have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.