Your account access is temporarily limited.

ArielAnsag

I've been most baffled, not to mention frustrated, by this situation. First I received an email, ostensibly from Paypal with some of Paypal's symbols on it. But the contents read like they were written by someone with an 8th grade education. It informed me that my account was limited because information was needed and to click on the link given in order to give the information to unlock my account. As far as I could see, it was a clear (and not very good) phishing scam. But then I came to Paypal a little while later only to find that my account was limited for some unspecified reason, telling me that I have been using Paypal in a "questionable manner". What the heck is that supposed to mean? To fix this problem they need a photograph of me, a copy of my bank account and two other bits of information which I've forgotten. The message sent to me was:

"Your account access is temporarily limited. We noticed that you've been using your PayPal account in a questionable manner. To understand this better, we need more information from you. You'll need to provide the requested information to regain full access." Reference ID: 2V2246119V822913S

Email: 

How can I find out, first of all, what this vaguely worded charge of "using Paypal in a questionable manner" is about. I have been using Paypal in the exact same way that I have always used it, and I'm talking about more than twenty years. Why should I send them a photograph? I'm not a criminal and if I am charged with something by Paypal I would like to know what it is. And that weird coincidence of receiving that spam letter just as Paypal was limiting my account for 'questionable' use of Paypal. That is, more or less, what that phishing email charged me with. Can anyone shed light on this or suggest how I can find out why they are doing this? Thanks, ArielAnsag 

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.