Why won't Paypal stop giving payments to a scam company?

flowergirl125
New Community Member

I ordered 2 dresses from an on-line site called Wotoba who had pretty pictures of dresses and descriptions which when I received the items were not even close to what was described and pictured.  I immediately filed a return with the seller, but Paypal denied my claim even though I included my US Postal service receipt and customs forms.   I found out later that Wotoba is a Chinese company (I had to mail the items to China for $20.00) and now I am out the $50 for the dresses plus my shipping plus all of the time I have wasted on trying to get the refund.  Paypal did not advocate for me at all and I am insulted that they never asked for more information or responded back.  I tried to escalate to a dispute, but got an error message.  No live person to talk to or chat. 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@flowergirl125 

PayPal wants tracking number that shows status "delivered". Call customer service and have them review the case again. You have to persevere with trying to contact them and be friendly and they will help.

To contact customer service for assistance:

Log on, click HELP on top menu, scroll down to click CONTACT US, and then scroll down to click CALL US or other contact options.

Call early, during business hours, west coast time to try to get a US rep. 

Or contact via social media:

Facebook (US): https://www.facebook.com/paypal

Twitter (US): @AskPayPal 

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.