Why does Paypal not respond to my emails - I cannot unlock my account and I still have money in it

gygaxb
Contributor
Contributor

My account was blocked due to rejected address verification. Nevertheless, their system shows, it was verified. I tried to contact paypal several times over the last months, but I do not get any answer nor is my account unblocked after sending the correct proof of address.

My account still shows a balance, but I cannot touch that money and nobody at Paypal seems to care.

So .. I am completely stuck with my account. Does paypal want my money? Is this how the system works? How can I get somebody to reply to my emails and check the sent documentation?

Is my money lost?????

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@gygaxb 

Money is not lost, PayPal has it in your account. The account limitation has to be resolved first. So, you resubmitted proof of address and has PayPal approved it, or no? 

You will need to contact customer service to follow up and get customer service to submit a support ticket to the back office that handles limitations:

Log on, click HELP on top menu, scroll down to click CONTACT US, and then scroll down to click CALL US.

Or contacting via social media:

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/paypal

Twitter: @AskPayPal

Note that customer service cannot lift account limitations over the phone.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@gygaxb 

Money is not lost, PayPal has it in your account. The account limitation has to be resolved first. So, you resubmitted proof of address and has PayPal approved it, or no? 

You will need to contact customer service to follow up and get customer service to submit a support ticket to the back office that handles limitations:

Log on, click HELP on top menu, scroll down to click CONTACT US, and then scroll down to click CALL US.

Or contacting via social media:

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/paypal

Twitter: @AskPayPal

Note that customer service cannot lift account limitations over the phone.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

JKYNE

Hello,
I have made contact with your Limitations Department Supervisor, Mary, with her badge or employee number of (42486)
After speaking with her on the phone, I was told to send and forward over the screenshot I took after the INCORRECT transaction was processed. I sent the money to a recipient named S. Hill, and the screen showed all of the details and correct addresses INCLUDING the email ********@gmail.com
On the next screen, it then showed that the money was sent to N. Cossar, and SENT the money over to the INCORRECT address without my permission. In the screen shot that I am providing, this is the screen that showed her name AFTER the process already went through. There was NO indication of the money being sent to N. COSSAR at ANY point BEFORE I made this transaction, and it only occurred A​FTER it went through which is the photo proof that I am showing. IN the photo, it says, "We'll let *** know right away that you sent money. You can see the details in your Activity in case you need them later."
There was NO INDICATION that this money was sending to N. COSSAR before this screen and your app decided to send it to an UNAUTHORIZED account on my behalf WHICH I AM NOT AUTHORIZING. IMMEDIATELY, after seeing this screen, I attempted to CANCEL or DISPUTE this transaction, as it was INCORRECT. I am NOT HAPPY OR SATISFIED in the slightest with this hiccup in YOUR service and am extremely frustrated with your care in this matter. I was told that the FUNDS would be placed on HOLD for 9 DAYS while the issue was resolved, and come to find out that I was DENIED the disputed leaving the issue NOT RESOLVED. I made a call to my bank, to DISPUTE this ACH transaction and reverting the money back into my account.

Please look into my recent activity on PAYPAL and see for yourself that I only send outgoing payments to a S HILL which is whom the transaction was originally INTENDED for.

Login to Me Too

gygaxb
Contributor
Contributor

No, Paypal did not approve or disapprove the new document I handed in earlier this year. As a matter of fact, nobody ever replied back to me. I got an email once, that I should use the resolution center to lift the limitations .. but there is/was no open case available to do so.

If I call customer service, I won't be able to resubmit the address proof, as nobody reads emails, right? And being in Costa Rica needing to call a number outside of the country might eat up all my balance .. but oh well ... what else can I do 😞

Thank you for your reply and I suggest Paypal takes out their option to contact them via email .. definitely a false lead.

pura vida

Bettina

Login to Me Too

QueenLady27
Contributor
Contributor

how to i Unlock my account my money is still in there

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.