Why can’t I get a refund already?

HelloHelpNeeded
Contributor
Contributor
Ordered a dress from China - big mistake! Was an evening gown but what showed up a month later was a cheap used looking dress. I have contacted the seller 8x. They finally said to return it. It cost me $23+ USPS but I sent it. There’s received return. They still won’t provide refund. Paypal closed the case as resolved and won’t reopen it. This is unfair. What do I do?
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@HelloHelpNeeded 

Did you open a dispute?

Did you escalate to a claim?

Did paypal find in your favour?

Did paypal give you the return address and tell you to send trackable?

Did you give paypal the tracking number?

Does tracking show delivery back to the seller?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Rich

Hello @HelloHelpNeeded,

Thanks for posting in the PayPal Community forums for help with this issue. I'm sorry to hear that you have not received a refund for this dress you sent back to the merchant. That is understandably frustrating.

May I ask if you sent the dress back to the merchant after filing a "significantly not as described" dispute?

Did the merchant provide you a return address in that dispute?

If you escalated your dispute to a claim, did you return the dress using the return shipping address PayPal would have provided?

Does your tracking information confirm that the merchant received the item back?

I'm sorry for the slew of questions here. I just want to make sure I have a better idea of the situation, as does @kernowlass here. 

- PayPal_Rich

As you slide down the banister of life, may the splinters always point in the right direction.
- Irish Proverb
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.