When to refund?

blkwidowcalypso
Contributor
Contributor

I sold an item via paypal over a month ago. The buyer then refused the delivery and it's been in limbo in their state at the post office since, it has yet to come back to me. They now are pestering me on social media and just opened a refund case but the item is still in their area. I already filed to the post office to locate and mail it back but it is still across the U.S with no response to the case. Do I refund them once I get the item back or am I just S.O.L if it doesn't come back and refund them now? I told them initially I would refund once it came back (before it got stuck there.)

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@blkwidowcalypso 

You don't have to refund until you get it back again UNLESS the buyer has opened a dispute for non receipt of item and won.

If she refused delivery then she may not win.

It may still be delivered and if it is then IF the buyer opens a dispute for item received but not as described and wins then paypal will tell her to return the item back to you TRACKABLE to prove delivery (at her own expense) BEFORE you have to refund. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.