We couldn't confirm your identity documents

nush824
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal has asked me to send proof of my identity and business address so I sent my Passport and Utility bill. My Utility bill was accepted but my Passport has been rejected twice. The specific reason stated for both attempts was:

“We only received a portion of the document you provided. Please upload a new document that shows the entire page or pages. Please don't cover or mask any of the information shown on the document.”

In the first attempt I only submitted a picture of the passport page containing all my info (name, passport number, birthday, etc). In the second attempt I submitted pictures of the cover, info page, a page from the middle and the back.

Am I expected to upload all 44 pages of my passport or is there a different problem as to why it is not being accepted?

Note: If I don't have to upload my whole passport then the only other problem I am thinking as to why it keeps getting rejected is because the name on my Debit card and Utility bill has my middle initial and not my full middle name. Does this mean that Paypal thinks that my actual middle name is just a letter and that is why it is not accepting my passport? If someone can confirm whether I do have to send all 44 pages of my passport or if it is the name thing then please let me know what I can do or who I can contact because I can't get a response from AskPaypal on Twitter.

Thank you so much! 

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

nush824
Contributor
Contributor

Ok so I figured out what I needed to do:

Since Philippine passports have page 3 in a different orientation from the info page, when uploading you have to have 2 pics in the PDF.

1. The first pic is scanned vertical so that the info page is readable and the text is in its correct orientation.

2. The 2nd pic is scanned horizontal so that the signature page is readable and the text is in its correct orientation (not rotated)

3. Make sure that the signature bar (bottom of the page under the Philippine Flag) in page 3 is signed and clearly visible.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@nush824 

Before sending us anything, please be sure that your document:

• is legible.
  • shows all four corners of the page.
  • does not have information blocked or blacked out.
  • matches the information on your PayPal account.

Proof of identity
The following is a list of acceptable documents you may provide:

• Government issued ID, such as a driver's license or passport
  • Employment authorization card
  • Permanent resident card

Proof of address
These documents must be dated within the last 3 months to be considered acceptable:

• Current utility bill dated within the last 3 months
  • Bank, credit card, or financial statement
  • Cell phone bill

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

nush824
Contributor
Contributor

All the documents are legible, visible and up to date.

Proof of identity

I sent out my passport. The full page with my name, info, passport number and picture. Both times it was rejected and I do not understand why.

Proof of address

I sent out my utility bill and it was already accepted on the first time I sent documents.

So the only thing I need to get approved is my Proof of identity and the only valid ID I have is my Passport since I do not drive hence I do not have a drivers license.

I am confused if the reason why it keeps getting rejected is because I need to send all 44 pages of my passport (not just the info page) or if it is because there is some problem with my name.

Back then (around 5 years ago) when I made my account they only asked for my first name and last name. Even the emails I get from Paypal only had my first name and last name. For some reason, after sending out my passport and utility bill, Paypal automatically added a middle name without me typing it out except instead of my full middle name they only typed out my middle initial? 

Upon checking my utility bill it only has my middle initial but my passport has my full middle name so I keep thinking maybe this the reason why my passport keeps getting rejected? I can't seem to fix my middle name in Paypal though so now I am unsure with what to do. If anyone has an insight on what the problem is (if I really just need to upload all pages of my passport or if it is because of the middle name being just a middle initial) then please let me know. 

Login to Me Too
Solved

nush824
Contributor
Contributor

Ok so I figured out what I needed to do:

Since Philippine passports have page 3 in a different orientation from the info page, when uploading you have to have 2 pics in the PDF.

1. The first pic is scanned vertical so that the info page is readable and the text is in its correct orientation.

2. The 2nd pic is scanned horizontal so that the signature page is readable and the text is in its correct orientation (not rotated)

3. Make sure that the signature bar (bottom of the page under the Philippine Flag) in page 3 is signed and clearly visible.

Login to Me Too

vema

Hey I have the same problem.

PAypal replyed this:

There are two ways you can send us your identity document again.

Just log in to your account and find the submission link in your notifications or go directly to the document submissions page after logging in.

Where do I find the "document submissions page"  ???

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.