Warning - CHICV International Holdings - ChicKeep

JESSIEBALDRY
New Community Member

This is a company who knows the loopholes of PayPal. Be very aware what you are doing when purchasing from them.
I purchased boots on 7th October. I did not receive an order confirmation but paid in full on PayPal.
By 20th October, I had not heard anything, so emailed their support email.
I did this several times over several days but had no response.
I then opened a case in PayPal.
Within 2 hours, the support desk responded, saying the the goods were popular and held up. It would be another 5 days before they would be despatched and was I prepared to wait. I said Yes.
They contacted me again telling me I had to close the case before they would despatched the item from the warehouse. I said I would not do this for the reason that if I closed the PayPal case, it could not be reopened and therefore I would be at risk if the goods were not sent or were received faulty. I told them that I would close the case when I received the goods. They advised that they would not send the goods against an opened case.
I then told them to cancel the order as I would not accept the risk. They said they would cancel the order, but not refund me again an open PayPal case. I explained again that I would not close the case until I received the refund. They asked me again to close the case which I escalated to PayPal.
I received another email from ChicKeep the next morning to say that they would refund the money and were processing the refund, but the transaction would be very slow if I did not close the PayPal case. I escalted this to PayPal.
This morning I received notification from PayPal that I had been refunded.

This company knows the loopholes of PayPal. They will ignore you until you open a case, and then try every trick in the book to get you to close it, thus rendering you with no protection at all. PayPal's service was excellent and without them I would have been **bleep**.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

bubut
Contributor
Contributor

I've received similar messages for my current case, merchant was threatening to withdraw support as "it is PayPal's policy" unless I close my claim. Ignored them, PayPal decided in my favour but now with the added conundrum of unable to return without severe liability.

Login to Me Too

CAMastro
Contributor
Contributor
CHICK KEEP / CHICV International Everyone should be made aware of this dispicable company! I ordered around $150 of items including 3 pairs of boots and some lightweight inexpensive jewelry and a ladies top. I had no correspondence from them so I opened a case with PayPal. They then replied to PayPal and said my goods had been shipped and provided a tracking number. Many weeks had gone by at this point, and when the items came they had sent only the lightweight inexpensive items. The main part of my order that I was waiting for and needed, the boots was not included about $100 worth! So then PayPal said they had reviewed my case and declined my refund request because my order had been delivered! They did give me the opportunity to provide more evidence of my case which I did sent a copy of the delivery note showing that only part of my order had been delivered but I want to tell you it has not been an easy task to do that. Plus this has now gone on for months and I’ve never had one email from this disgusting company! PayPal needs to cut this company off and take care of and protect its loyal customers! I have no idea if I will ever get the rest of my order or a refund for the items not received but I do know that I will go on every social media site this company is on and on their website and let everyone know what scam artist they are.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.