Unortharised payment reversal (cannot dispute)

Gazereths
Contributor
Contributor

I sold an item on Ebay and sent it to the global shipping centre, it was delivered there yesterday morning,  now the payment has suddenly been reversed. The 'report suspicious activity' option on Paypal will  not let me dispute this. I did not refund the buyer, he's scammed me. Is there any recourse or do Paypal just allow this?

I haven't contacted ebay yet as their customer service doesn't open for another few hours. 

Now my Paypal account is in debt, I'm out nearly £500 and this scammer has a free Gaming PC.

Am I totally **bleep** or is there any protection for sellers?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Gazereths 

Sounds like there was a dispute and the amount is withheld from your account, hence the negative balance. And you can't open a dispute to dispute a dispute. There should be a open case already in the Resolution Center. If you shipped to the address on the payment and have proof of delivery and/or postage, you should be covered. The case has to be investigated first. Keep an eye on the dispute in the Resolution Center.

11. Seller Protection Programme

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Gazereths
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the reply sharpiemarker 🙂

There is no open dispute in the resolution centre, it merely states the payment was reversed. If the money was withheld it wouldn't be a negative balance, I've had money held by Paypal before and it was never a negative balance, it was just unavailable to be withdrawn.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.