Bank reversals/ disputes

clairerich2021
New Community Member

I have had a client who i took payment using the paypal credit card facility.  My husband then delivered the goods in his van to the address the clients gave us. After delivering the goods the clients then filed a dispute saying they had not authorised the payment.  Paypal reversed the transaction and paid the money back to the clients bank.  I have now been left with a negative balance on my account as the dispute was given in the clients favour!  This is quite clearly a case of fraud but paypal are unwilling to do anything to help me.  Has anybody else had a similar experience with Paypal and what did you do to resolve it?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@clairerich2021 

Sadly you lost your seller protection when you personally delivered the item.

https://www.paypal.com/es/webapps/mpp/ua/useragreement-full?locale.x=en_ES#pp-seller-protection

Ineligible items and transactions

The following are not eligible for the PayPal Seller Protection program if:

• Real estate, including residential property.
  • Vehicles, including but not limited to motor vehicles, motorcycles, recreational vehicles, aircraft and boats, expect for personally portable light vehicles used for recreational purposes like bicycles and wheeled hoverboards.
  • Businesses (buying or investing in a business).
  • Industrial machinery used in manufacturing.
  • Payments equivalent to cash, including stored value items such as gift cards and pre-paid cards.
  • Payments made in respect of gold (whether in physical form or in exchange-traded form).
  • Financial products or investments of any kind.
  • Gambling, gaming, and/or any other activities with an entry fee and a prize.
  • Donations, including payments received as crowdfunding or crowdlending.
  • Payments to a state-run body or a government agency.
  • Payments where you are acting on mandates received from a state-run body or a government agency.
  • Payments to any bill payment service.

Item where the buyer claims (either with us or their card issuer) that the item you sent isn't what was ordered (referred to as a “Significantly Not as Described” claim).

• Goods or services delivered in person, including in connection with a payment made in your physical store, unless the buyer paid for the transaction in-person by using a PayPal QR code for goods and services transactions.
  • The item sold is prohibited by the PayPal Acceptable User Policy.
  • Payments made using PayPal Payouts and Mass Pay.
  • Personal payments including a payment sent using PayPal's friend and family functionality.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.