Unauthorized withdrawal through Walmart..

Bayoughost
Contributor
Contributor

Friday the 28th of June, $500 was taken out of my Paypal account through Walmart cash out, Paypal has been no help and closed the case, saying It's Walmart that's at fault.  Walmart, also has been no help, I have chatted, called and emailed them to resolve this, but no help so far. I have two different transaction ID's, but they can't seem to find which Walmart the transaction took place at.  Anyone else had this happen?  Very frustrating, seems like either party wants to take responsibility. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

GaryJ

Login to Me Too
80 REPLIES 80

oasisbasin
Contributor
Contributor

This just happened to me. Two unauthorized cash out for $119 and $500 through Walmart. PayPal doesn't allow me to file the case with this type. They changed their user agreement. How does other people handle this case? The customer service keeps telling me to file the case while I told her I couldn't with the screenshot. 

Login to Me Too

russianplaza
Contributor
Contributor

this just barely happened to me right now and I'm so freaking angry!  I can't breath!  I'm trying to get through to customer service, and they wont get back to me asap due to covid staffing shortage

I am so fracking mad@!!!!  I lot five hundred dollars via Walmart withdrawl!!  How on earth does that happen?  I'm at home....and saw a popup from paypal stating that a withdrawal was made...and I'm freaking home!!  I've never shopped a fracking walmart!  What do I do????  money is hard to come by..this is a small business....someone stole my money and I need it back!!    DANG!

Login to Me Too

Aliciavkulp
Contributor
Contributor
That is exactly what happened to me and when I called customer service they told me my ID had to have been shown to the Walmart employee in order to get cash so I had to have done it, customer service was no help. I had to go to PayPal’s Facebook page and message them there and that’s how I eventually got my money back. I Hope you can get yours back as well.
Login to Me Too

Tparkwr
Contributor
Contributor
I would definitely be interested in a class action suit. This just happened to me and all I get is the run around
Login to Me Too

russianplaza
Contributor
Contributor

count me in!!

Login to Me Too

llarwood13

I am interested in a class action. 

Login to Me Too

Dell14z
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor
Who would you sue? Walmart for not getting the proper identification or PayPal for paying money legitimately to Walmart? You can’t file a class action suit in the USA. The news link has been posted multiple times.
Login to Me Too

hbshea

Hi! Has there been any update on this? The same thing just happened to me and paypal did nothing - they just told me to contact Walmart which I've been trying to do with no response. Elizabeth from Customer Service was horrible and told me that the transaction had to be authorized, which it was not. I live in Miami Beach where there are no Walmarts and I haven't been to a Walmart in years - especially given all of the COVID-19 drama. If you have any update please let me know, this is really frustrating. 

Login to Me Too

LRTN
Contributor
Contributor

I posted complaints on Paypal's facebook page and they resolved the issue by refunding me the $500. Several others received refunds too. 

Login to Me Too

sanwar0k9
Contributor
Contributor

Today August 16th 2019 I got a notification that $500 was withdrawn from my PayPal account. Here are sequence of events

- Someone turned the two step verification on and some sort of an authenticator app. 

- Got a notification that $500 cash withdrawn at a Walmart 

- Called PayPal that it wasn't me who turned the two step verification on as I'm traveling overseas with limited internet access. There was a 1 hour wait time so I signed up for call back

- I tried to login to my PayPal account and bypassed the authenticator app (No idea what this is) to get into my account and then I changed my password and setup two step verification using text message.

- Got a call from a PayPal representative and she kept on repeating that she doesn't see any third party access or any fraud or unauthorized activity. Basically implying that it's impossible to withdraw money. I argued constantly that it's not possible for me to withdraw money since I'm in Asia and there are no Walmarts here. I asked her which Walmart and she asked me to contact Walmart. 

- I called Walmart and they gave me federal fraud and trade commissions number to call and then another number

- The Walmart rep asked to submit a report online which I did

I have no idea which Walmart this happened as nobody knows. Walmart didn't check the ID and I want to find out the store to file a police report since they have cameras but nobody knows which store 

Very disappointed in Walmart and PayPal security.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.