#Unauthorized withdraw from my Account

HasanJar95
Contributor
Contributor
So , i opened an account at tasked.info and started a free 7 day trial , they asked for a visa number ( so i put my visa which had no money to try the website ) through paypal ofc , i didnt like the website so i logged out of it (didnt have the option to deactivate ) , today i was surprised that there was 98$ withdrown from my (other visa which had money in it ) that i didnt put when i created the account and without my knowledge , i tried opening a case through paypal but they closed it after 2 hours , what shall i do , i need my money back because its not my mistake its paypal's !
Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@HasanJar95 

Check if you had a subscription set up.
Click on the profile tab (icon next to log out) > Click on payments third option along on the thick blue band top of page > "manage pre-approved payments.''

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

HasanJar95
Contributor
Contributor
i managed to cancel the subscription but do you think ill be able to get my money back because its not my fault ?
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@HasanJar95 

You need to read the small print on some of these sites as when you agree to a free trial you also often agree to a subscription UNLESS cancelled before they start to charge.

As you didn't cancel then paypal paid the subscription as you authorised (as you didn't cancel it).

Only the company that charged you can issue you with a refund so you would need to reach out to them and request cancellation of your subscription and a refund for the amount paid and hope that they agree with your request. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.