Unauthorized withdrawal through Walmart..

Bayoughost
Contributor
Contributor

Friday the 28th of June, $500 was taken out of my Paypal account through Walmart cash out, Paypal has been no help and closed the case, saying It's Walmart that's at fault.  Walmart, also has been no help, I have chatted, called and emailed them to resolve this, but no help so far. I have two different transaction ID's, but they can't seem to find which Walmart the transaction took place at.  Anyone else had this happen?  Very frustrating, seems like either party wants to take responsibility. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

GaryJ

Login to Me Too
80 REPLIES 80

DennisC5
Contributor
Contributor
This is the exact same process that happened to me. I did file a police report but they will not tell me even the state that the Walmart is in. They basically kept telling me that there was no way it was fraud and I personally did the withdrawal at Walmart even though I have proof I was at a different location at the time of withdrawal. This is a serious breach of confidence and I recommend not using PayPal anymore.
Login to Me Too
Solved

PayPal_Olivia

Hi everyone,

I'm very sorry to hear that there was unauthorized use of your PayPal account to generate the bar code for withdrawal at a Walmart. Please reach out to customer service to request another review of the situation. If they are seeing consistent activity in your account, they may have overlooked something. 

To contact customer service, please click Contact at the bottom of the PayPal website for available options, or reach out by Facebook or Twitter.

I'm very sorry that you have had this experience.

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

stellakang
Contributor
Contributor

This just happened to me 3 days ago. I live in Spain where there are no Walmarts. I have never stepped foot in a Walmart in my life.

What I don't understand is how they conducted their investigation. I was never contacted as a part of their investigation.

It seems that it's happened enough that they should have detected the pattern and put the system on alert. 

Definitely would be interested in joining a class action. I'm an attorney and have a large network of folks I could reach out to. 

Login to Me Too

Tparkwr
Contributor
Contributor
I would also like to join the class action suit. This just happened to me too
Login to Me Too

Bradw613
Contributor
Contributor
Me too! I was take. For 4 transactions at 500 a piece, a no-one is taking ownership. This is ridiclous
Login to Me Too

860_hype
Contributor
Contributor

This happened to me too! I am a college student and $172 was withdrawn through cash via a Walmart. I made a dispute and they said there was no sign of unauthorized use. I contacted customer support and they also told me it was an issue between me and Walmart now and I should go there and talk to them...even though they won't tell me which Walmart it was taken out of....

Login to Me Too

manderson20
Contributor
Contributor
Olivia I called several times today regarding this same issue and my claim was denied. Wal mart also gave the run around. I NEVER use PayPal. This money was moved in from a honeymoon fund that I forgot about. Didn’t realize that my account had been hacked until I received an email notification. Logged in and changed my password. 5 minutes later got a withdraw notification doe $492.
Login to Me Too

RJN1
Contributor
Contributor

Same thing happened to me for the exact same amount $500. Walmart and Paypal are not any help, they don't want anything to do with this.

They will not tell me what Walmart either. I am telling everyone I know to close their PAYPAL accounts. I'm going to social media to spread the word.

Login to Me Too

Jl7005
Contributor
Contributor
This just happened to me two days ago. I have filed a claim with PayPal and it came back denied. They tell me to call Walmart and I have filed a claim with them and also with my local police department. Is there anything more I can do? Has anyone gotten there money back?
Login to Me Too

DaninaAvery
New Community Member
Are you still interested in a class action or was it resolved? This just happened to me today for $499.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.