Unauthorized payments to email belonging to Facebook

amadesousa
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

Im going to explain from the start my problem, i have a paypal account for over a year and im not the type of user that always uses paypal so i haven't logged in for a while, and by while i mean months, this week when i login because i wanted to make a payment i noticed that there were transactions to facebook, transactions that i haven't authorized.After reviewing the transactions i have noticed that the transactions started last year and were done to <removed>, in total they managed 3.000 USD.

Searched the web for issues related to this email address and found other paypal users with the same case.  

So i opened a case to report unauthorized transactions, after 3 days they close the case and say that "Thank you for reporting this case. After reviewing your case, we found that the reported transactions were not unauthorized and hence couldn't be covered under PayPal Purchase Protection. "

So when i try to open another case "You've already filed a case for this transaction".

So i decide to call costumer support, just to let you know that i live in Africa since its outside of USA cell phone charges are expensive, a lady answers the phone asks me some questions and says that its going to transfer the call to Department responsible and then the lady puts me on hold for 10 min, my airtime finishes and nothing was resolved.(This happened the 2 times that i called).

Paypal didnt return the call, didnt send any email or tried to contact me.

Could paypal least explain why my money was taken or try to help so that the issue doesn't happen again or at least open an investigation on that email since im not the only one with the same issue.I mean why am i paying facebook Ireland?I dont even live there? 

This is the worst costumer support , no feedback ,nothing.

Tell me a good reason to keep my paypal account opened after all that i experienced.

Regards,

Alzira <removed>

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.