Unauthorized charge and negative PayPal balance

D22iway
Contributor
Contributor
PayPal did nothing to help me with my issue. There was an unauthorized charge on my account and they denied both my cases. I didn't order anything or give out any financial details. The "seller" tried to take the money out of my account twice and failed. Now I have a negative balance on my PayPal account. They disabled my bank account which helps a bit, but I have a negative balance for something I didn't do. Worst experience I ever had! They helped me before but now, they threw me under the bus!!!
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Rachael
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi D22iway,

Welcome to the community forum and thanks for posting. 

I am sorry to hear that you are having an issue with payments made on your account. From the sound of it this payment it was connected to a billing agreement you might have had with the seller, that is the only way a payment could be taken without you entering your password. In a case like that it can be tricky for us to see the issue as the unauthorised activity is most likely on the seller's side rather than through your PayPal account. I recommend getting in touch with our customer service team so we can have this looked at for you again. You will find our contact details by clicking Help & Contact at the bottom of any PayPal page. You can also reach us on Facebook www.Facebook.com/PayPal or on Twitter @AskPayPal.

Rachael 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.